Technical Events Manager
The role of Technical Events Manager will be the technical interface between the client and venue ensuring PSAV deliver the best solution. Technical expertise along with excellent organisational skills, are required to handle the diversity of projects.
Within the hotel/venue the role will encompass many aspects of sales, account management, administration, customer care, technical support and maintenance.
- Main point of contact for clients on a day-to-day basis to ensure customer expectations and requirements are fulfilled.
- Along with the technicians you will prepare, rig and de-rig equipment prior to events within the hotel/venue and be available on-site for ad hoc technical issues.
- Pro-actively contact clients well in advance of their event to develop and build sales potential, interpret technical solutions, arranging meetings where necessary to establish their requirements.
- Build, establish and maintain a portfolio of standard set designs/visuals enabling the client to visualise the possibilities for a particular room.
- Maximising sales potential by up-selling services at every opportunity with the view of increasing turnover, i.e. increasing the different elements involved within conferences and events e.g. production, video editing etc.
- Participates in capture rate discussions and suggests ways to capture lost business.
- Monitors sales files to review upcoming groups and to ensure that sales processes are followed.
- Foster good relations with all sales team members to maximise new leads. Educate the team in terms of all PSAV services and introduce incentive schemes to encourage the team to distribute potential sales leads.
- Develop a database of clients who have visited the hotel/venue. Proactively correspond with clients after their event to pursue future business. Gain feedback on performance to improve on service.
- Ensure all areas of responsibility are within budget parameters and to negotiate preferential rates. Utilise all in-house services before out-sourcing i.e. crew & equipment. Be aware of turnover targets and actively strive to increase revenue.
- In conjunction with hotel team/Sales & Marketing in London, develop sales and marketing literature specific to the hotel/venue, to increase awareness and build exposure.
- Report to the hotel/venue and attend weekly staff meetings within the hotel/venue to ensure that communication does not break down at any stage.
- Cultivate good relations with all hotel/venue staff, i.e. sales team, banqueting team and front of house.
- Creates development plans with hotel teams to improve service levels. Addresses and provides solutions for concerns or complaints communicated by the Hotel or customers.
- Foster good relations with all of the London team and all PSAV sites (particularly London) to ensure that full back-up support is provided from front of house/warehouse.
- Attend regular meetings with the London office to ensure that all delegated duties are carried out effectively and efficiently, meeting all deadlines and objectives.
- Create and standardise information systems where by the local London office can clearly see equipment movements and requirements within the hotel, including quotations and turnover reporting.
- Develop dry hire shows and large scale events with involvement in the tender process and pre-production for new/existing clients and ensure that implementation of the project is handled by the appropriate parties, i.e. utilise Event Producers on a consultancy basis as required.
- Build long-term customer loyalty by converting on-off Hotel corporate clients events to established PSAV client accounts,
- Monitor competitor activity of production companies using the Hotel and where possible approach clients with the view of targeting for future activity.
- Delegate technical responsibility to on-site technician, ensuring all duties are achieved within the deadline.
- Ensure good use of technician’s time by managing shift basis effectively and offering this resource to sister hotels.
More searches like this
- AV Management Technical and Engineering jobs in London (Central)
- Audio Visual Technical and Engineering jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate Technical and Engineering jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate Hospitality Technical and Engineering jobs in London (Central)
- Live Events Technical and Engineering jobs in London (Central)