The role of Technician will be the technical interface between the client and venue ensuring PSAV deliver the best solution. Technical expertise along with excellent organisational skills, are required to handle the diversity of projects.
Within the hotel, the role will encompass many aspects of administration, customer care, technical support and maintenance.
- Along with the Technical Events Manager, you will be a point of contact for clients and venue representatives on a day-to-day basis to ensure customer expectations and requirements are fulfilled.
- Along with the Technical Events Manager you will prepare, rig and de-rig equipment prior to events within the hotel and be available on-site for ad hoc technical issues.
- Provide a high quality technical service in terms of set ups/de-rigs and client facing responsibilities.
- Assist with the loads/unloads of equipment going to/coming back from events.
- Cultivate relations with all venue staff i.e. operational team members, sales and front of house teams to develop on-site relationship.
- Report to the Technical Events Manager, and the venue and attend weekly staff meetings within the venue if appropriate to ensure that all delegated duties are carried out effectively and efficiently, meeting all deadlines and objectives.
- Carry out stock take with the Technical Events Manager on a regular basis, and ensure all equipment is looked after correctly.
- To work in a shift pattern as organised by the Technical Events Manager, and cover duty at weekends on occasion when requested.
- To maintain good working relationship with all show technicians / freelance technicians working within the venue on behalf of the Company.
- To be client facing and attend site visits and pre-conference / issue meetings as required by the Technical Events Manager.
- To adhere to the Company’s and hotel’s grooming standards at all times when on site at the hotel or other venues if appropriate.
- To help other in-house operations as instructed by the Technical Events Manager, if necessary.
- Report to the hotel and attend weekly staff meetings within the hotel to ensure that communication does not break down at any stage.
- Cultivate good relations with all hotel staff, i.e. sales team, banqueting team and front of house.
- Foster good relations with all of the London team and all sites (particularly London) to ensure that full back-up support is provided from front of house/warehouse.
- To ensure all Health & Safety regulations and recommendation are observed, including staff and freelance technicians, whilst on site at the venue in your presence.
- Partake in supervision of external production companies during set up and de-rig of events