Events Operations Manager - Events/Exhibitions – Media and Broadcast Industry
Events Operations Manager needed to lead the delivery team on this high profile, international exhibition event for the media and broadcast industry.
Leading organisation working within the media production and broadcast sector – they deliver a major international annual flagship industry expo which attracts over 55,000 attendees, over 1,500 exhibitors – and which is acknowledged as the major showcase and discussion hub for the sector.
Reporting to the Head of Projects, you will lead a newly formed Operations Team and have responsibility for overseeing all aspects of the organisational logistics of delivering this major annual conference and large-scale exhibition. You will manage the operational budget, produce timelines and define roles and responsibilities within the team. You will embed project management knowledge in the Operations team, and across the wider organisation, ensuring an excellent level of service is delivered within budget.
- Work with project teams to define project objectives and deliver them
- Apply company’s project management methodology across all projects and demonstrate best practice in all areas of operation
- Put in place appropriate project resources to ensure timely delivery within budget
- Manage Operations team, including contractors, on a day to day basis
- Manage Operational budget providing regular updates to Head of Projects
- Collaborate with event venue’s account managers and operational teams
- Take senior responsibility for event risk assessment and health and safety
As an experienced Operations Manager with proven planning and project management skills and a solid background in organising large-scale exhibitions and events, you will have excellent communications skills and experience in managing and building good team relationships. You will be experienced in budget management and an enthusiastic advocate of project management methodology that makes systems and processes more efficient.
This is fantastic opportunity for an experienced, committed Operations Manager, with a background in events and exhibitions, to hit the ground running and get this amazing show ‘on the road’!
If your experience and ambitions match the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click “Apply” now.