Venue Sales & Event Planner (Heritage venue)
Exciting opportunity for a Sales and Events professional (1 year of experience minimum) to join a beautiful, historic London events venue!
A highly regarded medical association in the heart of London with a spectacular, grade listed venue space. Join their well-established events team in a beautiful venue that spans across several stunning indoor and outdoor spaces, catering to a range of events from weddings and glamorous parties to conferences and corporate events.
Brilliant role for an enthusiastic events and sales professional to join an experienced team of 10, creating bespoke events and working on reactive sales & generating new business. You will be responsible for end to end event management including building strong relationships with clients and being the main point of contact on the day of their event. This role is 50% venue sales and 50% event planning & operational delivery and as well as lots of client interaction you'll also be liaising with suppliers, contractors & service providers, preparing invoices and generating monthly sales reports. You will be promoting the venue to prospective clients and professionals within the industry to grow lead generation and income.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Respond to all incoming enquiries for new and existing clients
- Promote the venue to prospective clients and maximise sales to achieve monthly targets
- Work closely with clients to plan and manage events from start to finish
- Accurately record data and manage the client and agent database system
- Key account management of current clients to ensure sales opportunities are maximised
- Attend trade shows and networking events to generate new business
You'll have at least 1 year of events experience (in a permanent role or from a placement year as part of a degree) and will have a flexible and proactive approach with a desire to learn and grow your knowledge of the events industry. You'll be a team player with strong communications skills to ensure budget and customer satisfaction levels are achieved to a high standard and you'll be a target driven, people person with a passion for building relationships and creating extraordinary events.
- Some experience in the events industry and sales environments is essential
- Hospitality qualification to minimum NVQ standard or similar is desirable
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills
- Some knowledge of venue management and database systems
- Extremely organised and able to prioritise to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of unique venues market and contract catering advantageous, but not essential
If you want to progress your events and sales career in a unique London venue and your experience matches the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click "Apply" now