Conference Producer/Content Research Executive
Haymarket Media Group is renowned for producing high-quality events, featuring the very best content and speakers that respond to the specific needs of professional audiences.
We have an opportunity for a Conference Producer to join the live events division, producing events for our energy and environment division. You will play a key role in developing the content ensuring our events remain at the leading edge and meet the changing needs of our growing audience.
The role will focus on content research, identifying target audiences and sponsors, programme writing and speaker acquisition. The successful candidate will report into the Portfolio Manager: E&E and will be responsible for a series of allocated events within our commercial portfolio.
- Carry out high-quality desk research, phone and face-to-face interviews
- Identify high-priority topics, leading organisations and potential speakers
- Identify target audience segments and potential sponsors for each topic and conference
- Develop leading-edge conference agendas that respond to the needs of our audience and sponsors
- Source, test, recruit and brief high-calibre speakers to deliver the talks and case studies
- Lead the event project team by supporting and advising operations, marketing, sponsorship sales and telesales
- Assist the marketing team to identify compelling messaging and ensure communications are accurate
- Assist the sponsorship team to ensure suitable sponsors are identified and targeted appropriately
- Work closely with the event operations team to ensure operational requirements of the events are met
- Build strong relationships with the brands editorial teams to ensure the conference programmes align with the brands values and key messages
- Develop informal networks with practitioners to act as topic advisers and/or future speakers
Attitude, skills and experience
- Experience in a commercial Conference Producer role - not essential but highly desirable
- Experience in conducting in-depth desk research, phone and face-to-face interviews to scope out markets and topics
- Highly-developed communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships and informal networks
- Highly-developed writing, editing and proofreading skills in English
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders and work across teams to ensure the success of the event
- The ability to prioritise, work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proactive and enthusiastic, with a professional and can-do attitude
Other things to know
- We are based in Twickenham, which is a quick 20 minutes from central London, and easy access from Surrey
- We work a 35 hour, full time week, with the option of Flexible Working hours
- We support a friendly, creative and collaborative culture, reflected in our new, flexible open-plan work environment
- Benefits including Pension, 25 days Holiday, rising by 1 day per year up to 30 days, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance, Health Cash Plan/Private Medical Insurance, Voluntary benefits such as Childcare vouchers, Ride to Work, Interest free travel loans and lifestyle rewards and discounts.