Event Co-ordinator - (Prestigious London Institution)
Event Co-ordinator at this very presitigious London body, working on varied events from business receptions and lectures to dinners and State Banquets,
Unique and highly prestigious London Institution based at a very beautiful and historic Grade 1 listed venue. The events team is responsible for organising a remarkable range of events including high profile corporate and State events, award ceremonies, concerts, special events, charity events and banquets.
In this role you'll be working as part of the team delivering a prestigious range of events. It will be your remit to research, plan and deliver a range of hospitality events including; lectures with dinners; business focussed meetings and State Banquets. You'll be joining a busy and friendly events team who work across over 500 events each year. You'll be working on a number of events at any one time, so this role will suit someone who enjoys being busy and is used to full end to end event management, dealing with varied suppliers, seating plans and all pre and on-site needs.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Client liaison, providing advice
- End to end event pre-planning and delivery
- Researching guest lists, sending out invitations
- Devising table plans and producing briefing notes
- Liaising with internal and external suppliers, caterers, florists, venues
- Report preparation and budgets
- On the day event attendance
- Monitoring budgets
As the lynch pin for your events you'll be a highly organised, smart and articulate events co-ordinator with existing experience within corporate events with a high focus on hospitality and special events (eg dinners, awards, special functions etc). Client liaison and venue and guest logistics are key to your success, so solid experience is a must. You'll be good at planning, organising, communicating and influencing and you'll have a natural focus on achieving the highest possible level of event execution. You will be a proactive team player with good IT skills, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent communication skills, with excellent standard of English, both written and oral
- Event co-ordination experience within a corporate or association or similar professional environment
- An excellent and efficient organiser/co-ordination, with excellent attention to detail and strong customer focus
- Varied client and supplier liaison experience (internal and external) across all aspects of event hospitality, including catering, operations, entertainment, florists etc
- Experience of undertaking budgetary control and managing financial systems
- Smart professional appearance as this role includes working at formal and high profile events
- Confident, able to cope well and calmly under pressure, tactful and discrete
This is a unique opportunity to work at this highly prestigious London organisation and at a most awe-inspiring venue on some very special and varied events - an exciting opportunity to utilise your proven event co-ordination, client liaison experience and excellent interpersonal skills to deliver some unique and extremely high profile events.
If your experience matches the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click the "Apply" button now!