Sales and Event Coordinator (Galleries)
About Coin Street Community Builders
Coin Street Community Builders (CSCB) is a social enterprise responsible for developing and managing a significant part of London’s South Bank. We have transformed a largely derelict area into a thriving place for people to live, work and visit.
Our 13-acre estate includes:
- the iconic Oxo Tower Wharf, home to designer-maker studios, exhibition and gallery spaces
- a successful conference centre
- cafes, bars and restaurants
- parks and the riverside walkway
- award winning co-operative housing
- an Ofsted Outstanding family and children’s centre providing a nursery and family support
As a social enterprise income we generate stays in the neighbourhood. It’s used to improve and maintain our site which includes Bernie Spain Gardens and the riverside walkway, and to provide a range of free and affordable programmes and activities for families, children, young people, adults and older people in Waterloo and North Southwark.
About the role
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work for CSCB and the committed team behind London landmark, the Oxo Tower.
In this role you will sell, promote and deliver to commercial targets for the gallery@oxo and Bargehouse. You will be responsible for ensuring both exhibition spaces are programmed with excellent quality arts and design exhibitions and events and ensure that clients’ needs are met, and all activities run efficiently.
The role will suit an outgoing creative individual who can relate to our core values and vision to promote arts and creative enterprise. Ideally applicants will have previous experience in sales and marketing with venue hire for events or exhibition spaces.
The successful person will possess the following:
- Proven experience of more than two years in the venue hire sector
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and sustain positive relationships
- Confident personality with a proactive approach
- Highly organised, able to work under pressure to deadlines and to prioritise own workload
- Experience in sales and marketing with co-ordinating events
- Strong IT and administration skills
- Flexible approach and commitment to achieving results
- Educated in or has a strong interest in arts and design and/or relevant experience in the sector.
In return we can offer you:
- 27 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- 9% employer pension contribution
- Season ticket loan
- Health and wellbeing package including trial free gym membership, fresh fruit delivered twice a week and a confidential employee assistance programme
- New starters trip on the London Eye
- Commitment to training and development
- And many, many more benefits
More information can be found on the company website coinstreet.org.
To apply, please send your completed supporting questions form, up to date CV and optional equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is 12 noon on 13 May 2019
1st Interviews 16 and 17 May 2019
2nd Interviews 23 May 2019.
Coin Street Community Builders strives to be an equal opportunities organisation and all staff are expected to share this commitment.
Our values are:
- Creative: By looking for solutions rather than problems I will find better ways of doing things
- Collaborative: By respecting the views of others we will learn, grow and achieve more together
- Committed: I do what I say I am going to do and do the best job I can.
The 3 Cs are lived by all staff at CSCB. You will be expected to demonstrate your understanding of the behaviours associated with these values during the recruitment process