Event Manager - (Prestigious Association)
Are you an accomplished Event Manager, with experience working with committees/stakeholders who enjoys delivering receptions, dinners, lectures and hi-profile networking events? This is a fabulous role working for a unique and prestigious body, with responsiblity for planning and delivering a very unique annual programme of events.
This is a unique and highly prestigious London body - you'd be joining a busy events team, who between them organise an impressive and unique range of high profile events each year (over 500) from lectures and receptions to bespoke dinners and large scale banquets, and including State events. Your role will specifically take ownership of an an annual and high visibility annual programme of approx. 35 events within London, at varied venues including Livery Halls.
In this role you'll have specific responsibility for the event programme for the main Elected Members - this is made up of about 35 events p/a, mainly black-tie dinners, receptions and special visits, most taking place at Livery Halls or similar prestigious Central London venues. The role will require close liaison with the Members for forward planning, so you'll have excellent stakeholder management skills, and ideally have experience of the needs of a member-led organisation. The events are high profile and prestigious, so attention to detail and expert skills in end to end event management and detailed planning of events, working with caterers and external suppliers, liaising with guests, producing running orders and detailed event instructions, are all key, as is the ability to forward plan a busy schedule of events.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead on management of high profile event calendar - including black tie dinners, receptions and meetings
- Liaise closely and work alongside key committee members
- End to end delivery of varied events - Venue research, selection and liaison - caterers and all suppliers
- Guest liaison
- Produce running orders and briefing notes, and run event on the day
- Research and plan future events
- Delegate tasks to Co-ordinator
- Work with wider events team on other varied corporate and internal events as required, including State/High Profile functions
This is an important and high profile role, and requires an experienced and confident events candidate - with proven event delivery experience across a range of events, ideally including black tie and formal events, meetings and receptions. You'll have expertise in dealing with venues (ideally including historic or livery venues), caterers and other event suppliers. Excellent communication skills, dedicated,reliable and conscientious who thrives with a busy and varied workload, can prioritise, and is a great team player. You'll have excellent communication and people skills, Given the nature of the committee's wider remit, an interest in current affairs is ideal.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience delivering varied corporate events - including dinners, lunches, receptions, high profile networking, and meetings
- Ideally experience dealing with committees or similar internal stakeholder bodies
- Well presented, articulate, efficient, natural and confident interpersonal skills
- Excellent end to end event management and logistics skills, experience dealing with varied suppliers, and working in prestigious and historical venues
- An eye for detail, and understanding of delivering flawless events, in terms of look as well as delivery
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral
- Confident, articulate, an excellent team player
This is a fabulous opportunity to take a key role at this highly prestigious London organisation and have responsiblity for your own programme of events - if your experience matches the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click the "Apply" button now!