The purpose of this role is to manage the planning and delivery of a range of the production aspects of WorldSkills UK’s activities. This involves inspiring the next generation of young people into the world of work.
Crucially the role will be a key point of contact in for the planning and delivery of competition and non-competition build at our large event at The NEC Birmingham, WorldSkills UK LIVE.
1. Contribute to successful delivery of WorldSkills UK’s strategic priorities and annual business objectives.
2. Maintain an overarching involvement and understanding for all strands of work within the Production department, ensuring all deviations from targets (time, money, people, etc.) are identified and addressed at the earliest possible stage.
3. Plan and manage the overall delivery of a range of operational and technical elements of WorldSkills UK LIVE including (but not exclusively):
- post-sale support of exhibitors and commercial partners/ sponsors
- exhibition build and breakdown;
- technical show production;
- bespoke exhibition build (including graphics);
- audio visual requirements;
- event and venue services such as power, water/ waste, compressed air, gas, etc.; and information technology services.
4. Management of brand/ graphics for all event areas (actual design work done by a 3rd party supplier).
5. Support with the use and development of our Event Management System.
6. Development and management of floor plans created for WorldSkills UK LIVE competition and non-competition areas (actual CAD plans drawn by a 3rd party supplier).
7. Collate Health and Safety information (risk assessments, method statements, public liability) for review by a specialist.
8. Scoping, contracting and management of suppliers and materials involved in the delivery of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
9. Produce requirement specifications in line with WorldSkills UK’s procurement strategies for all outsourced activity.
10. Take ownership of projects within the operations team ensuring all deviations from targets (time, money, people, etc.) are identified and addressed at the earliest possible stage.
11. Effectively co-ordinate resources (including agencies, suppliers, contractors) so that all project elements are delivered to acceptable standards on time, to budget and meet the required specification(s)/objective(s).
12. Manage activities/tasks in accordance with the agreed project plan to ensure delivery on time and to budget.
13. Other duties and/or projects as may reasonably be requested by the Director of Operations or Head of Production, acknowledging experience, education and ability.
More searches like this
- Audio Visual Event Project Management jobs in London (Central)
- Conferences Event Project Management jobs in London (Central)
- Events and Shows Event Project Management jobs in London (Central)
- Event Management Event Project Management jobs in London (Central)
- Exhibitions Event Project Management jobs in London (Central)