Event Manager, Europe Campus
The Event Manager’s primary responsibility is to execute a comprehensive events program supporting a number of Chicago Booth departments and target audiences including (but not limited to): students, alumni, corporate partners, and the general public. Key planning and execution related responsibilities may range from broad implementation of programs and events to more tactical activities, and include a significant amount of relationship management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage pre-event logistics and coordination: room setup, participants’ access to venue, AV/IT requirement, budgeting, catering, transportation and other event logistical needs with external vendors and service providers, creating badges and other duties as required.
- Draft, execute and manage detailed event order/service level agreements for all events, as approved by individual event organizers and the Associate Dean, ensuring all tasks leading to the event are executed efficiently on a timely manner.
- Event marketing : desktop publishing, create and send email invite using social media and internal events management tools, manage event registrations and communications with event attendees, and create attendee reports as required.
- Manage and support the various departments with all event-related tasks leading up to and on the day of the event. Prepare and manage materials for distribution, venue preparation, staffing of events, greeting and hosting of participants, coordinating with external vendors and service providers.
- Post event follow up: manage event data processing and analysis, secure and process attendees and information onto appropriate databases, send thank you notes and event summary report and distribution. Manage event logistics evaluation and debrief on event logistics with organizers.
- Campus Space Management: Managing the campus events calendar, responding to space requests and reserving space.
- Work evenings and some weekends, as well as occasional travel within and outside of Europe for meetings and to support events.
- Other related duties as assigned.
MEASUREMENTS OF SUCCESS:
- Demonstrate a high level of event management and administrative competence.
- Successful completion of scheduled events and tasks assigned.
- Meeting the Service Level Agreements approved by event organizers and the Director, Program and Operations.
- Stakeholders satisfaction rating reflected in event evaluation and reports.
- Show ability to work efficiently with minimal direction and to anticipate issues and problems.
- Effectiveness of event support.
- Meet event project deadlines and targets.
Reports to Director of Program and Operations – Europe.
Direct Reports – None, but will supervise some external venue and event service providers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree preferred with work experience in similar role.
- Event management experience in higher education, hospitality or similar service industries preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills. Superb people skills with the ability to build rapport over the phone, in person and in writing.
- Excellent organizational skills, initiative, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work flexible hours incl. evenings and weekends.
- Previous experience in a similar Administration role essential
- Fluent English, excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- High proficiency with Microsoft office (especially Excel, Word, PPT) and Adobe required.
- Must be able to work legally in UK on a permanent basis.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. In addition to salary Chicago Booth offers an attractive benefits package including 25 days holiday per year (plus 8 Bank Holidays), Private Medical Insurance, a contributory pension scheme, interest-free travel card loan scheme.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please send a CV and a detailed cover letter outlining your relevant experience, motivations for applying for this position and salary requirements to the email in this listing. Please indicate the Job title in the Subject line of your email.