Senior Project Manager - Maternity Cover (6–12 months)
Pure Events are looking to recruit a dynamic, driven, highly efficient Senior Project Manager with strong technical production or content production knowledge, to lead and assist with several key accounts. You will own the process from responding to briefs and pitching, to execution and reconciliation.
You should have at least six years of experience running projects, as well as working within an agency team. Experience of running conferences, incentives and experiential events in the UK and overseas is required. You will run and manage several types of projects in varied sectors from automotive to professional services, with events ranging from conferences to off sites and launches with creative and logistical elements in both the UK and overseas.
- Interpret client briefs and respond with innovative and inspired solutions that deliver against all objectives.
- Work with the internal team and suppliers to bring the concept to life across all aspects of a project.
- Lead on multiple project teams to ensure projects stay on track, on time and on budget. Ensuring the delivery of all elements is seamless (occasionally you will also play a supporting role on projects).
- Oversee the administrative aspect of every client event, i.e. send out booking forms, ensure the appropriate invoices are submitted to clients, ensure commissions are collected from venues, etc.
- Supervise, manage, guide, oversee and instruct other Events Managers and Events Assistants if required, and to ensure that they are performing the roles of their job description, acting as a role model.
- Be the main point of contact for the client for the duration of specific projects and advise them on the best way to meet their objectives.
- Work closely with the Managing Director and Business Development to maximise new opportunities and within client accounts, through innovative and creative pitch construction leading on technical production or content production for all pitch work and ensure that the Pure brand is reflected in terms of originality, quality, and brand identity. Amongst other things, this will involve researching venues, supplier negotiations, site visits, controlling budgets etc.
- Be the go-to person for the team on technical production or content production requirements across the full portfolio of client events.
- Design, planning and delivery of technical production or content production aspects across specific projects.
- Work with the Managing Director to develop technical production or content production resource within the business.
- Ensure that full Health & Safety and Risk Assessments are conducted.
Specific Technical or Content Production Requirements:
- Ability to design technical production briefs and packages which can suit the breadth of event type within the business; from budgets of £50K to £1M.
- Negotiate contracts with technical production suppliers to ensure the best value for money/quality of delivery appropriate to project budget.
- Management of any technical freelance staff or sub-contractors throughout the year.
- Conduct technical site visits, and liaise with AV companies.
- Develop the overall theme, content, experience and agenda for events.
- Pre-event collation of show media (i.e. PowerPoint, video/music etc.).
- Source, contract and manage live facilitation elements, including speakers and live entertainment.
- Advising on “look and feel” for all plenary and breakout areas.
- Be responsible for shaping scenic design elements including set, stage design, audio and video content and all front of house branding and floristry.
You will have worked as part of an agency in a senior role and gained significant (8 years plus) experience project managing the full range of programmes from intimate board retreats to large scale conferences. You are an excellent communicator, pro-active, knowledgeable and confident individual who is passionate about your job and sharing your knowledge with your colleagues.
In addition, you will have a proven track record of:
- Senior stakeholder management, team management and supplier management.
- Complex programme management; being the lead across multi projects with the ability to manage multiple event delivery teams.
- Multi-budget management with values exceeding £650k.
- Working in multi-currency budgets and working towards financial targets
- Working alongside an Account Director to manage the client relationship and development a client account.
- Extensive knowledge of UK & international hotel brands and venues.
- Ability to 'account manage' a client relationship outside of project delivery periods.
- Team player, with the desire to lead by example and impart knowledge to more junior
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal with the confidence to present to C-level clients.
- Ability to travel both within the UK and overseas, with occasional weekend work.
- Knowledge of technical production would be advantageous.
We are a young, dynamic and service-driven events agency, specialising in creating and producing bespoke event solutions globally. We are award-winning, most recently named Gold Winner of Challenger Agency of The Year, as well as Gold Winner, Best Places to Work. Incorporated in 2005, we deliver 60+ events every year and consider ourselves to be 'Corporate Creatives'.
Day to Day:
You will be based at our offices in Victoria, London, with regular travel in the UK & Europe.
Office hours are 9:00am to 5:30pm.
This is a full-time role, for a 12 month period to cover maternity leave with scope to becoming permanent subject to business growth. Salary is based on experience,
20 days holiday (plus time over Christmas and New Year when the office closes). Pension, plus `Medical Insurance’ after successfully completing your probation period.
More searches like this
- AV Management Event Project Management jobs in London (Central)
- Awards Event Project Management jobs in London (Central)
- Conferences Event Project Management jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate Event Project Management jobs in London (Central)
- Creative Events & Parties Event Project Management jobs in London (Central)