Senior Conference Producer - CIPS Events
Senior Conference Producer - CIPS Events
The Professional Association Team at Haymarket Media Group is renowned for working with high-profile professional associations to produce quality events, featuring the very best content and speakers, that respond to the specific needs of professional audiences. For years, Haymarket has worked closely with CIPS - the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply - to design and deliver their highest-profile conferences worldwide.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Conference Producer, with proven experience, to join the Professional Association Team and be in charge of producing CIPS’ UK and international conferences in close collaboration with the institute's national and international stakeholders. You will play a key role in liaising with stakeholders and understanding the institute’s content priorities, while conducting primary and secondary research with the relevant markets to ensure the commercial success of the events. You will also take full ownership of the allocated project, from research and programme writing, to speaker acquisition and speaker management before and during the events.
The role will focus on client relationships, research, programme writing, speaker acquisition and management for conferences in the UK, Middle East and Australia. The successful candidate will report into the Head of Content for Professional Associations. They will work closely with CIPS advisers and drive the marketing and sponsorship campaigns for the events.
This role will suit an experienced producer with a commercial background and a experience of effectively managing multiple clients and demanding stakeholders. The role will involve UK and international travel to attend the allocated events.
- Carrying out high-quality desk research, phone and face-to-face interviews with procurement professionals
- Regularly liaising with the client to identify their top priorities to ensure alignment of content
- Identifying high-priority topics, leading organisations and potential conference speakers
- Identifying target audience segments and potential sponsors for each topic and conference
- Developing leading-edge conference agendas that respond to the needs of the institute, audience and sponsors
- Sourcing, confirming and briefing high-calibre speakers in close collaboration with the institute’s stakeholders
- Briefing speakers and acting as their main point of contact before and during the events
- Ensuring all allocated programmes are completed and published within the allocated timelines
- Assisting the marketing team to identify compelling messaging and ensure communications are accurate
- Assisting the sponsorship team to ensure suitable sponsors are identified and targeted appropriately
- Working closely with the event operations team to ensure operational requirements of the events are met
- Working closely with multiple stakeholders to ensure the programmes align with the client’s content priorities and that research and speaker targets are approved by the relevant advisers
- Arranging and facilitating regular update calls with the client to ensure positive ways of working and to keep stakeholders engaged within the production process
- Presenting content strategy and draft programmes in large client meetings while facilitating stakeholders agreement and buy-in
- Responding to stakeholder feedback and request promptly and professionally
- Supporting the Head of Content in developing and maintaining positive client relationships, acting as a deputy in their absence
Attitude, skills and experience
- Proven experience in a client-facing and commercial conference production role
- Experience with stakeholder management and working collaboratively to deliver on the client's vision
- Experience in developing, writing and editing content-driven conference agendas
- Experience in identifying, inviting, sourcing and briefing high-level conference speakers
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships and informal networks
- Highly developed writing, editing and proofreading skills in English
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders, partners, clients and sponsors
- The ability to prioritise, work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- The ability to create strong client relationships and support positive ways of working with colleagues and stakeholders
- Previous experience, knowledge and interest in procurement and supply will be very advantageous
- Proactive and enthusiastic, with a very professional and can-do attitude
Other things to know
- We are based in Twickenham, which is a quick 20 minutes from central London, and easy access from Surrey
- We work a 35 hour, full-time week, with the option of flexible-working hours
- We support a friendly, creative and collaborative culture, reflected in our new, flexible open-plan work environment
- Benefits including Pension, 25 days Holiday, rising by 1 day per year up to 30 days, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance, Health Cash Plan/Private Medical Insurance, Voluntary benefits such as Childcare vouchers, Ride to Work, Interest-free travel loans and lifestyle rewards and discounts.