Events Manager - Temp to perm
At Seven Hills, we campaign for Changer Makers; the entrepreneurs, investors, philanthropists, business leaders and innovators that are realising the positive potential of business.
As a fast-growing team, we look for the brightest, most skilled professionals to deliver editorial, content, brand, design, media relations and campaigns that foster belief, build followings and unlock growth.
Our clients include: BGF, Canary Wharf Group, Tech London Advocates, Here East, Coutts, Strava, GP Bullhound, Advertising Week Europe, Clearly and One Young World.
What will you do?
We are recruiting an Events Manager to join our growing team and play a vital role in the delivery of our campaigning events that range from conferences and debates to briefings and book launches as well as roundtable discussion dinners.
This would be for an initial three month term with a view to hiring as a permanent edition of the team.
The role encompasses project management and co-ordination of speakers, curating guest lists, as well as advising on design and brand and supporting the editorial team with copywriting. You will also:
- Play a lead role within the events team to deliver outstanding high-profile events for a combination of fast growth businesses, major corporates, government and not-for-profit organisations including:
- Acting as the day-to-day lead for clients on all event-related activity – ensuring smooth delivery from start to finish
- Working with the leadership team to develop event strategies – identifying relevant topics, securing speakers and curating running orders
- Management and liaison with suppliers particularly venues, photographers, production, branding and catering
- Identify and secure target attendees for events in conjunction with account teams and manage invitation correspondence
- Prepare planning documentation, for both internal and external use, including project plans and timelines, running orders and technical run of show, plus briefing documents for third parties, and post event client reports
- Work with the Financial Director on budgeting and resourcing against event activity
- Nurture and mentor junior members of the events team (currently x2 events execs)
Requirements: Is this you?
- A skilled project manager with between 3-4 years of experience working in events
- Confident, creative and motivated
- Interested and enquiring about the political/business issues impacting today’s world
- A proven relationship builder with clients and colleagues
- An expert multi-tasker capable of managing busy workloads
- Strong attention to detail and processed driven
- A great team player with the ability to motivate junior members of the team, work collaboratively with colleagues and offer trusted counsel to clients