Business Tourism & Luxury Executive - GB
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Trade, Industry and Business Tourism Manager GB, the purpose of this role is to increase awareness and demand in GB for the island of Ireland as a world-class business tourism (MICE) destination and to grow luxury travel with an emphasis on regional and seasonal growth.
- Work with the Trade, Industry and Business Tourism Manager to develop and implement a strategy for growing luxury business from GB to the island of Ireland.
- Identify and fully exploit all opportunities to grow luxury sector business to the island of Ireland.
- Work with the Meet in Ireland team to develop and implement strategies and activities for MICE development in GB.
- Develop and coordinate Business Tourism events in GB connecting island of Ireland industry with GB MICE agents and corporate buyers.
- Proactively seek and build new MICE leads and qualify leads generated based on targets set for the market.
- Develop a media plan (offline and online) ensuring the Meet in Ireland brand gains stand out in leading GB MICE outlets and channels.
- Manage the MICE and luxury database and keep key accounts regularly updated with product news and opportunities through an effective communications program.
- Collaborate with island of Ireland industry partners to execute market initiatives for both MICE and Luxury travel to drive incremental business.
- Work with the publicity team in GB to generate additional coverage for the island of Ireland luxury and MICE product in both trade and consumer media.
- Monitor, on an ongoing basis, market trends and intelligence/competitor activities to assist the Trade, Industry and Business Tourism Manager in reporting and planning.
- Optimize the use of social media and online platforms as part of Tourism Ireland’s overall strategy to grow MICE and luxury travel from GB to the island of Ireland.
- Work closely with partner organisations - Fáilte Ireland and Tourism Northern Ireland - to organize educational/familiarization trips (FAMs) to the island of Ireland for key MICE and luxury accounts.
- Manage allocated budgets for MICE and luxury promotions and ensure effective control and reporting of allocated resources is in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
- Manage one direct report – the BT team Global Graduate, including performance management.
- Ensure adherence in your area of responsibility to the company’s GDPR compliance policies and procedures.
- Support and represent the wider GB Industry and trade team at events, FAM trips , corporate events and across other key activities as required.