Producer - (media company - legal sector)
Are you a talented and ambitious Producer looking to move to a new opportunity - that gives you a great team to work with, ownership and a really rounded and stimulating role?
Our client is a dynamic publishing and events business, delivering content to the legal market (and it's business services) through its media brands/publications and it's membership community. The events division currently deliver a varied events programme ranging from full-day conferences, to half-day workshops, roundtables, private lunches, and a recently-launched awards programme. As Event Producer you'll be at the heart of the team, ensuring the continued success, relevance and popularity of their events programme.
As Event Producer, reporting in to the Head of Events, you'll be working closely with the wider editorial team and directly industry-wide to ensure the events are leading edge in terms of topics and content, Speakers, marketing and innovation. Your responsibilities will sit around Research (content, speakers etc), Marketing (writing copy, identifying target contacts, working with marketing team) and Commercial (working closely with the sales team on delegate and sponsorship aims and campaigns). All in all a brilliantly rounded role - and with a great team! (nb you may be a junior or more experienced Producer - and will be given the relevant support accordingly). Most importantly you are the sort of person looking for ownership - enjoys face2face meetings with relevant contacts, confident to build your own relationships and take full driving ownership of your events.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Research and production - Conduct extensive desktop, telephone and face-to-face research with core audience, target sponsors and other industry contacts to develop engaging topics and write cutting-edge conference programmes - Recruitment of, and liaison with senior-level speakers, taking full responsibility for all pre-event speaker briefings and speaker on-site experience - Identify innovative event formats and fresh approaches to delivering content, to ensure events are always one step ahead of the competition.
- Project management - Proactive project management ensuring a high level of communication internally and externally including event briefing documents for internal teams - notably the sales, marketing and editorial teams - Work closely with the event ops team to ensure accurate and on-time delivery of all events.
- Marketing - Write promotional copy for marketing campaigns, brochures, delegate packs and event collateral - Work with the marketing team to identify target contacts for each event for marketing campaigns - Form event media partnerships where appropriate to promote the event.
- Commercial - Brief sponsorship and delegate sales teams at the beginning of each event cycle, to provide them with the relevant data and information that will help them maximise sales opportunities - Oversee the event sponsorship and delegate sales campaigns throughout the event cycle, ensuring milestones are achieved and intercept any potential issues - Liaise regularly with existing event sponsors to ensure we deliver on their event partnership agreements.
We're looking for a confident, ambitious and commercially-minded Event Producer looking to take on increased responsibility, and who is able to deliver between 8 - 10 events per year. We're looking for someone with a minimum of one years' experience in a B2B events environment, with at least 6 months in a (content) producing role. You need to be the sort of person who enjoys face2face and buiiding your own relationships, as well as the nitty gritty of content production. We're looking for someone with:
- Proven research and analytical skills, and the ability to rapidly develop competent knowledge on diverse topics (with previous experience in a B2B environment
- Ability to acquire and interpret a broad range of industry insights and translate into engaging and relevant event programmes.
- Strong written and oral capabilities, a creative flair, and ability to think 'outside the box'
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with and relate to all levels both within and outside the organisation
- Self-starter, able to work well as part of a tight-knit team, but also independently
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience in collaborating with internal sales staff and with existing/potential sponsors, to identify commercial opportunities for events
- lent project management skills, deadline and results orientated
- Working knowledge of the legal marketplace considered a bonus
This opportunity would suit a pro-active and talented Producer who is ready to really shine and play a key role in this friendly, sociable and highly regarded team. If your experience and aspirations are a good match for what you've read, then do 'APPLY' now - as we would love to find a brilliant Producer to work at the heart of this lovely company!