Junior Events Executive
TravMedia is looking to appoint a Junior Events Executive to be based at our UK offices in London.
The Junior Events Executive will help implement TravMedia’s events portfolio and play a key part in delivering seamless events year-round, including our flagship show IMM (IMM 2020, 9-10 March, QEII Centre, Westminster).
IMM (International Media Marketplace - https://www.travmedia.com/immuk/) is the leading global event that connects the travel industry with the media. For the past two years the event has sold out and in 2019 the exhibition-style event played host to over 160 travel brands who met over 300 journalists in over 8,500 pre-booked meetings. The event will continue to grow each year and for 2020 becomes a two-day event, with influencers invited for the first time, and the second day culminating with in the inaugural TravMedia Awards.
TravMedia’s portfolio of events continues to expand and also includes MediaPlace, our quarterly networking event for journalists and PRs, and Connections Club, an annual drinks reception marking the close of World Travel Market.
The person appointed will work alongside TravMedia’s Marketing Manager and Content Editor, and will report into TravMedia UK’s Regional Director. The role, solely focused on the UK, will suit a self-motivated, driven individual who can demonstration exceptional organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
TravMedia is the world’s leading social network connecting travel journalists and influencers with PR professionals across the travel industry. Over 25,000 individuals use the site globally. TravMedia launched in the UK in 2003 and has evolved to become a social network that enables travel brands to connect and communicate with travel journalists and influencers
TravMedia operates in the UK as TravMedia (UK) Ltd, operating TravMedia.com and Food4Media.com under license. The company’s offices in Waterloo in central London are shared with affiliated company News4Media Ltd, operators of Property4Media and Homes4Media.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Have experience in event organisation and delivery
- Have the personal attributes to interact confidently with sponsors, exhibitors, speakers, judges and media at various levels of seniority
- Be an excellent communicator
- Have excellent organisational and planning skills
- Be a problem solver and a forward thinker
- Have good teamworking skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness ‘to roll up one’s sleeves’
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To play an integral part in organising and implementing TravMedia UK’s events including (but not exclusive to): IMM, The TravMedia Awards, MediaPlace (4 events), and Connections Club.
- Liaise with relevant sales, marketing and senior management staff to ensure an understanding of the requirements for each event
- Communicate with all exhibitors and sponsors to ensure all assets are received and stored
- Liaise with TravMedia designers and technical employees to ensure all sponsors and exhibitors are promoted in line with their agreements both online and at events
- Act as the main point of contact for any event logistic queries
- Play an integral part in handling all logistics at TravMedia events
- Work with the TravMedia team to assist in securing top-level media to attend our events
- Coordinate the meeting booking process at IMM for exhibitors, sponsors and media
- Work with TravMedia’s Marketing Manager in managing the awards entry and judging process for the TravMedia Awards
- Demonstrate a natural aptitude for running event management tools, such as our Meetings Manager appointment bookings platform, to ensure the smooth running of our events
- Manage RSVPs and guestlists for all TravMedia events, to include delegate liaison and badging
- Liaising with speakers to secure presentations, confirm attendance and timing
- Communicating with venues at pivotal points in the run up to an event to ensure everything is on track
- Undertake other tasks to assist the team during non-event periods in the year
- Energy and passion
- People skills, team player
- Strong communication skills
- Organised and attention to detail
- Process driven
- Happy to work outside of office hours when required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Location: London SE1 (Waterloo)
Salary: The Junior Events Executive role pays an annual salary of £21,000 plus bonuses linked to the success of IMM. OTE of £25,000 is realistic.
Details of current notice period must be supplied. No direct calls to the office.