Senior Conference Producer
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
SBC puts on high quality conference content across a range of disciplines in the global gambling industry and beyond. As the company continues its growth trajectory, it needs to continue to provide top quality programmes with the most interesting and relevant speakers, across a rapidly growing portfolio of global events. The Senior Conference Producer will take a leading role in developing our high quality conference agenda and sourcing speakers for our events.
Within this remit, sports betting and iGaming operators are a key constituency for SBC across our business and are important speakers at our events. As such, the Senior Conference Producer will take a leading role alongside senior management in deepening our existing operator relationships, as well as bringing new operators into the SBC community.
This role will have direct responsibility for putting on a high quality and comprehensive conference programme and play an important role in SBC’s relationships with leading operators. The SCP will work closely with the CEO and Managing Director, who currently manage key operator relationships and conference content. The SCP will also liaise with our large editorial team in order to source the best speakers on the most exciting topics.
The role will also involve managing the relationship with our conference sponsors that are speakers or panellists and ensuring their representation on the programme enhances the event.
The SCP will use their exceptional organisational and administrative skills in making sure that all of the participants are prepared for events, from organising pre-event panel calls, to ensuring that presentations have the required AV specifications, to making sure that speakers have the correct marketing material to promote their participation. They will also use their relationship with speakers, and contacts within the operators more generally, to drive attendance at SBC events.
You must have:
- Experience working in B2B events and/or media serving the gaming sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to open doors and build rapport with industry executives
- Experience of operating autonomously and using effective decision making and judgement
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Exceptional organisational skills
It would be nice if you had:
- A network of senior level contacts across sports betting and iGaming operators
- Additional languages in order to work directly with operators in SBC’s growth markets, Spanish particularly helpful
- Knowledge of and network in international markets that represent growth opportunities for future SBC events, in particular Asia and/or Latin America
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Research betting, gaming and other relevant industries for agenda topics, speakers and competitor activity
- Proactively plan out the agenda topics and identify speakers for all our events
- Engage, network and build relationships with key industry people
- Work closely with the content and editorial teams around agenda topics and speakers
- Liaising with sales team to maximise sponsorship opportunity and event revenue related to speaking opportunities
- Responsibility for keeping the agenda and speakers up to date, and communicate all updates internally to sales, content, marketing and events teams
- Manage agenda, speaker logistics and event delivery on site for all our events
- Attend and represent the company at international events and exhibitions
- Identify new opportunities for future potential conferences and content
- Sourcing high quality speakers from operators for all SBC events
- Develop and maintain profiles on all operators, with knowledge of the key contacts in all functions (payments, marketing, tech/product, etc) as well as all C-level contacts, and utilise these contacts to source compelling speakers for SBC events
- Support marketing efforts by working with marketing team to highlight key speakers to feature in promotional campaigns and content marketing, and to ensure that all speakers have the digital marketing assets to promote their participation in the event
- Work within the fast paced and exciting sports betting and gaming industry
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating working environment in West London
- Be part of a high growth and exciting news, media and event company
Please email us with your CV and short covering note if you are interested in this position.
Apply for Senior Conference Producer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly