Global Head of Experiential and Events
Creative Solutions is Shell’s internal creative team. We are responsible for creating a wide range of branded content and events, from delivering our iconic Make the Future festivals around the world to producing world-class integrated campaigns including films, digital, social and print assets for a variety of channels. We strive for effective, standout creativity in everything we do, by being at the forefront of new and innovative developments in the disciplines we cover.
Our experiential arm of 25 event project managers in seven countries deliver over 250 high-profile events annually. These range from 50 to 3,500+ attendees – and up to 35,000 at our public-facing festivals - and with individual budgets ranging from USD $100k to $7 mln. We deliver across a mix of incentive driven, Shell-owned and industry-led events, and manage a global roster of experiential agencies.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to head up the experiential arm of a leading international brand. The Global Head of Experiential and Events will play a pivotal role in developing and driving the long-term vision and strategic blueprint for our events delivery for the next decade. You will be leading a refresh in how Shell delivers events based on value, sustainability and strong return on investment, meaning business acumen combined with an ability to build shared vision and influence a diverse range of stakeholders will be essential. You will bring extensive events industry experience at a regional and global level, plus an awareness of the latest trends and innovations, to ensure Shell events are positive differentiators for our company brand and reputation.
You will be a passionate leader who can coach and mentor a high-performing team to continuously learn and grow, while constantly raising our event standards through exceptional delivery. You will bring a combination of strategic, commercial and relationship building skills to be able to manage our relationships and contracts with key events agencies at a global level, while regularly scanning the market for, appointing and onboarding new suppliers.
WHAT’S EXPECTED OF YOU
- Be the strategic, programme and activation ‘go to’ person for experiential across Shell.
- Be the subject matter expert on a range of event formats, such as public-facing festivals, C-Suite business forums, staff incentive programmes, B2B tradeshows, exhibitions, and motorsports hospitality programmes.
- Help define the strategy for how we approach and deliver event projects.
- Advise on event projects with an individual value up to $7 mln.
- Lead from the front and be the sounding board for our experiential project managers, providing them with guidance and mentorship to deliver as effectively as possible.
- Share industry insights and best practice.
- Lead a creative forum for experiential projects, showcasing the best work to replicate and learn from.
- Drive event compliance with Shell’s health, safety and security, contracts and procurement, data privacy, and brand and visual identity guidelines.
- Be the contract holder and relationship manager for our rostered events agencies and suppliers.
- Champion Shell’s approved programme for offsite events, in collaboration with its internal owners to ensure compliance and best practice venue sourcing.
- Extensive’ experience in a strategic, leadership position within global events, exhibitions and hospitality, either in-house at a large international company or in an agency.
- Track record of successful end-to-end delivery of event projects and programmes, from briefing and conceptualisation through to onsite management, execution, and evaluation.
- Experience in managing individual event budgets of $300k and above.
- Strong stakeholder management skills across all levels.
- Third party and supplier management.
- IOSH or equivalent HSSE champion and ability to manage Mode 2 (high risk) contracts.
- Experience in delivering events worldwide including high risk countries.
- Ability to manage and prioritise large and busy workloads
- Ability to influence without authority, through building strong and collaborative relationships.
- The role will require some global travel of 10-20%.
This is a key leadership position in a large and evolving team. You will need to motivate and coach others to be able to deliver exceptional results. You will bring a passion for making great work, organisational flair, energy, commitment and a desire to learn and grow as part of our collaborative global team.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.