Head of Events, TTG Media
The most exciting events role in B2B media has just come up for grabs – are you up to the task?
The Head of Events at TTG Media will take responsibility for all event output in a fast moving, fearless independent media business with an award winning reputation in the travel industry, and throughout B2B media.
Since forming to take over the Travel Trade Gazette in 2013, TTG Media has launched a string of successful events – growing the channel to become a key driver of the business. Successes have included the TTG Travel Awards at the Lyceum Theatre, the TTG Top 50 Travel Agencies programme, the TTG LGBT series of events, the TTG ‘New To’ Festivals, the ttgluxury Travel Awards and most recently the TTG Diversity & Inclusion in Travel conference.
In 2019 TTG Media has evolved to take on a whole new purpose and reason for being, launching a new mission to promote a ‘Smarter, Better, Fairer’ travel industry and a new look to the business. Events are now absolutely integral to our brand purpose, alongside our print, digital and international output.
In what we believe to be the most stimulating business sector in the UK today – and among a mutually supportive, driven and diverse team – this role represents genuine opportunity for career growth and advancement, as so many others who have developed with TTG Media will attest.
We want to see your application!
What we are looking for:
This role demands a highly motivated, commercially minded and forward thinking events professional to work closely with the senior management team to evolve and implement an innovative, effective events strategy.
Leading and motivating our events executive is a key part of the role – but so to is leading the events output throughout the TTG Media team, ensuring that events are front of mind with each of the individuals on the commercial and content teams.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Head of Events plays a pivotal part in the senior management of TTG Media – involving ownership of the budget, in particular setting the P&L on each of our events in conjunction with the finance manager and the CEO, cost control in the run-up to the events, and managing our events with the events executive and the support of the wider TTG Media team and regular external support, through to their successful completion. However the role also demand hands-on participation with all aspects of the events, in all the ways that an experienced events professional will understand.
With overall responsibility for events at TTG Media, the Head of Events is also the public face of the company’s events along with our events executive, developing a strong set of relationships across the travel industry, as well as internally.
- Development, production and delivery of event projects from proposal to completion
- Creating and maintaining a P&L against each event, in close conjunction with the finance manager and CEO
- Delivering events on time and within budget
- Identifying and suggesting possibilities for new events within the portfolio to maximise business opportunities for TTG Media
- Managing successful supplier relationships
- Travelling to on-site inspections for prospective future events
- Staying on top of developments in the events industry – including those from our competitors - and communicating these with the senior management
- Managing and developing the events executive, ensuring the job-holder is clear on their remit and objectives
- Working closely with the marketing manager to ensure effective marketing of TTG events, and also to input into our evolving data strategy
- To work with the sales and marketing director to support their objectives in delivering events to sales targets, and to ensure commercial team processes are successfully set and followed
- To work closely with the content team, particularly the group editor and editor, to ensure appropriate content is delivered to each event
- Maintaining successful relationships across the team and setting an example as a senior member of the TTG Media team
Apply with CV and covering letter today to TTG Media CEO Daniel Pearce at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Head of Events, TTG Media
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly