Portfolio Manager: Marcomms
Haymarket Media Group is renowned for producing high-quality events, featuring the very best content and speakers that respond to the specific needs of professional audiences. We are currently looking for a Portfolio Manager to take the lead to deliver growth on our established Marcomms portfolio of events.
This role would suit someone looking to take the next step in their career, with a proven track record of delivering large events and launching new events into the market. Previous management experience would be advantageous but not essential.
We are looking for someone with a strong production background and grounding in process. You will play a key role in developing the content and driving the profitability of the portfolio, ensuring they remain leading edge and meet the changing needs of our growing audience.
The successful candidate will report into the Head of Production and will be responsible for a series of allocated events within our commercial portfolio.
The role will require you to:
- Take the lead on projects and lead through example
- Develop cutting edge agendas and recruit the best in class speakers
- Conduct research calls to validate topics
- Conceptualise and drive new topic launches
- Validate new topic ideas through buy and sell side research
- Work closely with key stakeholders in the business to ensure the success of the portfolio
- Be responsible for overseeing the portfolio P&L
- Work closely with commercial to ensure sponsorship targets are delivered on
- Ability to show initiative and work autonomously to take ownership of the series of the events
- Lead the event project team by supporting and advising operations, marketing, sponsorship sales and telesales
- Assist the marketing team to identify compelling messaging and ensure communications are accurate and timeous
- Assist the sponsorship team to ensure suitable sponsors are identified and targeted appropriately
- Work closely with the event operations team to ensure operational requirements of the events are met
- Build strong relationships with the brands editorial teams to ensure the conference programmes align with the brands values and key messages
Attitude, skills and experience
- Established conference producer with good track record
- Highly-developed communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships and informal networks
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders and work across teams to ensure the success of the event
- The ability to prioritise, work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage a team of producers and champion production processes
Other things to know
- We are based in Twickenham, which is a quick 20 minutes from central London, and easy access from Surrey
- We work a 35 hour, full time week, with the option of Flexible Working hours
- We support a friendly, creative and collaborative culture, reflected in our new, flexible open-plan work environment
- Benefits including Pension, 25 days Holiday, rising by 1 day per year up to 30 days, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance, Health Cash Plan/Private Medical Insurance, Voluntary benefits such as Childcare vouchers, Ride to Work, Interest free travel loans and lifestyle rewards and discounts