2 days left
- Events and Shows
About Keynote Educational Ltd
Keynote Educational is a leading national provider of courses, conferences and webinars for teachers and senior leaders in schools and colleges in the secondary education sector and also for student revision conferences and webinar sessions.
The company has a long-standing reputation for high quality professional development and training and provides at least 450 training events and conferences per year. Some of these are subject-specific, some on broader, generic themes - including national conferences on the latest educational priorities.
This is an exciting time for the company, as we are in a period of expansion and looking to take on new business opportunities.
We are looking for an events manager to be responsible for the smooth operations of over 300 F2F and online professional development courses, conferences, webinars for leaders and teachers in the secondary education sector. We also offer student conferences and sessions. The F2F courses and conferences are held in venues, in schools and via webinars and are delivered by our course leaders. Working in conjunction with another member of the Events team, the successful candidate will organise all aspects of the courses and conferences. The role is office based and does not involve day-to-day delivery, although there will be opportunity to attend the larger events.
You will be highly organised, have strong IT skills, experience of online meetings ( we use Zoom and Go To Meetings) have experience of forward planning on multiple events- and be an excellent communicator. A good commercial awareness is important, as the courses need to be assessed on numbers and bookings.
About The Role
You will be responsible for:
- The smooth operations of all courses, conferences, online sessions
- Maintaining high standards of organisation of these B2B professional events
- Assessing the viability of each event and taking appropriate action
- Supporting our course leaders across the different events, either in F2F delivery or online delivery
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with our venues and with schools in organising the courses and conferences, also with our external suppliers including booking event venues from a list of pre-agreed hotels/conference venues, ordering AV and equipment, ordering print and couriers
- Briefing Course Managers responsible for all 'on-the-day’ delivery at external venues including establishing a rota of availability, allocating events, briefing on all logistics and set up pre-event and post-event reporting
- Preparing course notes for print in accordance with the Keynote brand and standards, working with marketing to promote on-sell opportunities and ensuring timely delivery at venue/end destination
- Full pre- and post- event delegate management including processing bookings, responding to enquiries, issuing confirmation of bookings, updating course status, invoicing and joining instructions
- Ensuring excellent customer service, collating and filing delegate and Course Leader feedback for review by the wider Keynote Team
- Supporting management information reporting by updating and ensuring the accuracy of the teacher course, student conference and in-school spreadsheets and Symphony database
The ideal candidate will:
- Have current experience of multiple events organisation
- Demonstrate a successful track record of delivering targets within agreed timescales and budgets with commercial acumen
- Be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Have a good understanding of what constitutes a well organised, high quality event
- Have strong commercial acumen, with experience of what makes successful and commercially viable events
- Demonstrate a track record of client and stakeholder management
- Have strong IT skills including webinar meeting set up skills, Microsoft Office applications and systems
- Be confident, positive, resilient, have a hands-on approach to work, get things done, make decisions and meet deadlines
- Be highly organised, with a nimble, agile attitude, ready to embrace change
Closing Date: Monday 21 September 2020
Start Date: as soon as possible
Due to the changing nature of our work, this job role description serves as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility. You may be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within the remit of your area of work