Fantastic opportunity for a ‘scarily organised’ Conference & Event Coordinator to join the busy events team at this prestigious professional membership body working within the health sector.
This is initially a maternity cover contract – ideally to start asap, and offers a really excellent remuneration and holiday allowance package.
This role is ideal for a bright, experienced, hands-on Conference & Event Coordinator, c. 3 years’ experience organising varied B2B events (awards, conferences, training courses). You’ll ideally have had experience working in a similar Association/Professional Membership body, and if that has been within the health sector then that’s even better!
The role is working in a friendly, busy Conference & Events Team and you will work closely with 1 other Coordinator and report in to the Conference & Event Manager – you will “own” some events and work as part of the wider team on other events.
Their usual event calendar is made up of a range of UK events for 20-350 attendees including 1-2 day conferences, awards, CPD events, residential training courses, half day workshops & seminars, and various receptions and networking events. This varied event programme has for the moment been moved to virtual platforms, webinars, virtual events etc. with the team managing all aspects from copy writing for event marketing and communications, to registration, speaker liaison and all aspects of pre-planning and delivery of virtual events.
As the event portfolio is currently been delivered virtually, experience of co-ordinating, delivering and hosting virtual events is essential for this role, as well as proven experience of traditional ‘face-to-face’ events.
You’ll be a pro-active, ‘can-do’ and ‘does-do’ hands-on Event Coordinator, ‘scarily organised’ with c. 3 years events co-ordination experience (ideally from within a professional body, association/society/membership organisation). Your communication skills are great, and you can write good copy to ensure your events are digitally marketed really effectively to members. Experience of working with committees and internal and external stakeholders is key, as is proven experience working on virtual events, alongside traditional on-site delivery experience.
You’ll have a proven background of planning and delivering varied B2B events (conferences, training courses, awards, seminars, workshops and networking events).
Experience of using delegate management systems (e.g. Cvent or similar) is essential.
The ideal candidate would bring:
- Event co-ordination experience (c. 3 years), working on varied events (including conferences, seminars, training, workshops, receptions, awards) with both on-site and virtual event co-ordination experience
- Experience of Cvent or similar delegate registration system
- Good copy writing skills (for digital marketing of event via website and member communications)
- Superlative attention to detail, excellent communication skills, good team player, excellent event administration skills
- Experience working within an Association/Membership body, with experience working with committees – if this is previously within the health sector this is advantageous
- Recent experience working on virtual events and virtual event platforms
- An adept and natural communicator, experienced in dealing with varied internal stakeholders, speakers and delegates
- Hands-on, can-do attitude, able to work to consistently high standards, and able to work autonomously
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Conference & Event Coordinator to be part of a great team running a busy and brilliantly executed programme of events within a prestigious professional body – ideally to start as soon as possible! If you think your aptitudes and experience could be a good match for this great opportunity, please reflect these in your CV and click “APPLY” now. Looking to interview asap!