Working in the office and remotely, this Sales Manager role is a great opportunity to make a real impact in a growing exhibition company with an international portfolio of events and exhibitions. As a key supporting role to the Portfolio Director, via outstanding account management and new business development, you will be responsible for growing the investment of the core exhibitor base to set targets - through increasing exhibition footprint and through selling sponsorship and other related digital opportunities. You will also be responsible for successfully securing key new acquisition targets in line with the events' growth strategies. You will do this through establishing and maintaining strong relationships with your clients - understanding their objectives and requirements and feeding back critical intelligence to help shape the event and its future direction. You will lead by example and will assist in supporting more junior members of the sales team and in running the day to day sales operations.
- Exhibition, sponsorship, and digital sales to meet brand growth targets
- Sales reporting including revenue, pipeline, and activity reporting.
- Effective collaboration with the Portfolio Director as well as the Marketing, Conference Production and Operations'
teams to create and fulfil a variety of profitable exhibitor and sponsor opportunities
- Keeping thoroughly abreast of the global competitive environment and keeping an accurate record to inform
scheduling and event development decisions
- Attending competitive events globally to meet with current and prospective clients
- Close collaboration with Operations to maintain an accurate and effective floorplan
- Close collaboration with Marketing to profile the exhibitor base and sponsors effectively on the website, and through
the other directives and initiatives of the marketing campaign
- Accurate and timely maintenance of the company CRM system including call logging, pipeline management and
- Assistance in training, development, and motivation of junior sales team members
You will be:
An ambitious, hard-working, and charismatic event/exhibitions sales professional who has demonstrated success in achieving and exceeding growth targets through skilled new business acquisition and consultative account management.
A proven salesperson with a minimum of 4 years relevant event / exhibition experience looking for more responsibility, prominence, and reward.