I’m looking for a Senior Production Manager who brings experience across live event production and TV/broadcast streaming – who would enjoy taking their skills inhouse to work in an experienced and creative in-house events team working internationally.
Our client is looking to bring both consultative and hands-on production experience into their Events team across the planning and delivery of a wide range of big budget events and varied communications projects – UK and Europe - live and virtual, including increasing number of broadcast and digital ‘events’.
The Senior Manager - Production and Streaming, will be responsible for providing expert industry knowledge through consultancy to provide business case justifications and operational approaches to new ideas and solutions as requested. This part of the role requires strong project management skills, forward strategic thinking, and an expert knowledge in consultancy practices of design and operational delivery of unique and complex technical production environments.
This role needs a senior level candidate – both in terms of depth and breadth of expertise and knowledge, and also the right level of direct stakeholder management experience and ability. Creative thinking, coupled with production knowledge, great at finding the best suppliers internationally, and motivating them to propose and deliver their best methodology and work. As well as being able to take a hands-on role on smaller events/projects as needed.
The client is keen to get a really broad set of specialist production experience (live event, broadcast and digital) – realistically it may be that the successful candidate brings particular strength in some of these technical areas, with working knowledge of others… that could work potentially work too - if coupled with the mindset and ability to search out and readily embrace new leading edge solutions and production technologies.
The role will be involved at a senior level helping develop how the companies ‘event offering’ looks for now and the future, with a move to much more integration into broadcast, virtual and hybrid event formats to reach a large and geographically diverse audience.
The successful candidate will ideally bring the following:
- High level of proficiency in the technical delivery of high-quality events (ideally including large events eg arena)
- Significant experience and in-depth understanding within the technical event production/broadcast environment (including lighting, audio/video output, rigging and power)
- Experience in studio production management and broadcast engineering
- Knowledge of digital event production systems and trends
- Video output experience with expert technical understanding of systems
- High level of proficiency in the direction of project teams and sites for events
- Excellent supplier/vendor knowledge, contract negotiation skills and knowledge of market pricing
- Ability to manage many projects at once in various locations and with varying levels of complexity
- Strong financial budget management, strong presentation skills
- Essential soft skills include:
- Strong experience leading and motivating suppliers
- Proven stakeholder relationship skills and ability to support stakeholders across an international organisation
- Personable, credible and able to establish trust with team members
- Ability to prioritise while adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel abroad for projects and meetings
- Able to work overseeing large projects, and hands-one on smaller events
This new and exciting role will suit an experienced production specialist (Senior Production Manager - events and broadcast) who would relish using their existing knowledge and creativity to help initially shape and then deliver a big budget 'event' programme, across a range of production channels.
The role brings a very competitive base salary, and excellent benefits package, including generous care allowance.
If it looks of interest to you, and you are looking to embark on a new and exciting chapter of your professional journey, then please click APPLY now to register your interest … and we'll go from there ...