Haymarket Media Group is renowned for producing high-quality events, featuring the very best content and speakers that respond to the specific needs of professional audiences.
We have an opportunity for a Conference Producer to join the live events division. You will play a key role in developing the content ensuring our events remain at the leading edge and meet the changing needs of our growing audience.
The role will focus on content research, identifying target audiences and sponsors, programme writing and speaker acquisition. The successful candidate will report into the Portfolio Manager: Marcomms and Third Sector and will be responsible for a series of allocated events within our commercial portfolio.
- Carry out high-quality desk research, phone and face-to-face interviews
- Identify high-priority topics, leading organisations and potential speakers
- Identify target audience segments and potential sponsors for each topic and conference
- Develop leading-edge conference agendas that respond to the needs of our audience and sponsors
- Source, test, recruit and brief high-calibre speakers to deliver the talks and case studies
- Lead the event project team by supporting and advising operations, marketing, sponsorship sales and telesales
- Assist the marketing team to identify compelling messaging and ensure communications are accurate
- Assist the sponsorship team to ensure suitable sponsors are identified and targeted appropriately
- Work closely with the event operations team to ensure operational requirements of the events are met
- Build strong relationships with the brands editorial teams to ensure the conference programmes align with the brands values and key messages
- Develop informal networks with practitioners to act as topic advisers and/or future speakers
Attitude, skills and experience
- Experience in a commercial Conference Producer role - not essential but highly desirable
- Experience in conducting in-depth desk research, phone and face-to-face interviews to scope out markets and topics
- Highly-developed communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships and informal networks
- Highly-developed writing, editing and proofreading skills in English
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders and work across teams to ensure the success of the event
- The ability to prioritise, work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proactive and enthusiastic, with a professional and can-do attitude
Other benefits include
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
The Haymarket way
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the dynamism, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with independence and integrity: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
Haymarket is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all areas of the community. Applications will be treated in strict confidence and information will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!