Position: Digital Events Development Manager
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum
Start date: ASAP
BMJ Events are recruiting a new Digital Events Development Manager to join a team delivering over 10 large international and national events a year. The team is delivering virtual events in response to the pandemic and plan to utilize this opportunity to develop a coherent digital events strategy for 2021 and beyond. We are looking for someone who can support us in this transition and be central to informing and guiding the strategy and delivery processes.
- Lead on the identification and selection of new virtual event platforms, undertaking supplier and platform analysis and matching against internal requirements
- Lead on conducting user testing and reviewing user feedback to establish external platform needs (delegates, sponsors, exhibitors, speakers)
- Negotiate with suppliers at contract stage to ensure competitive terms, and manage any development or enhancements, agreeing and monitoring costs with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead on business cases for major platform enhancements or investment opportunities
- Own and project manage the digital content hub activity
- Coordinate content from community members, internal subject-matter experts, internal content producers
- Oversee production of pre-recorded content, advising on optimum duration and format as well as management of remote recording process
- Support the team in delivering virtual and live events
- Identify and recommend opportunities for new revenue streams through our digital offerings
- Be responsible for virtual platform training and support across Events team who run and deliver virtual events
- Share knowledge and best practice across the team
- Responsible for managing all testing and training with external stakeholders prior to an event (speakers, facilitators, sponsors, exhibitors)
- Keep knowledgeable about and up to date with virtual event trends and digital content platforms. Advise the content and logistics teams on new formats, concepts and activities to feed into event planning and delivery
- Significant experience delivering virtual events
- An understanding of user testing and research experience
- Be competant in sourcing and managing content engagement and digital event delivery platforms
- Must have either a technical background or an events background with proven ability to work effectively with software providers and development teams
- Prior experience in presenting effectively to larger groups as a key aspect of this role is reporting back to stakeholders via “Show and Tells”.
- Be able to maintain positivity and energy to get work delivered in a fast paced environment
Why should you apply?
BMJ is a global healthcare knowledge provider with a vision for a healthier world. We share knowledge and expertise to improve healthcare outcomes.
You may know us as the publisher of one of the world’s most cited general medical journals, The BMJ. We also publish over 70 specialty journals, many of which are the most influential titles in their field.
We also offer digital professional development courses and clinical decision support tools to help medical institutions and clinicians tackle today’s most critical healthcare challenges.
Evidence underpins everything we do – it’s what makes us one of the world’s most trusted knowledge providers. And the figures speak for themselves. More than 50 million users from over 150 countries access our websites every year.
BMJ is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Medical Association (BMA), with nearly 500 employees worldwide. Our head office is located within the Grade II listed BMA House in Euston, London, with more offices in China, India, North America, and Wales.
At BMJ we take equal opportunities very seriously, diversity and inclusion are more than just words, they are an organizational priority. We are building a culture where everyone feels able to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We encourage applications from under-represented groups and we are a Disability Confident Committed employer.
You will be able to join any of our employee-led networks focussing on: Gender, Cultural Diversity, Sexual Orientation, Mental Health and Wellbeing, Parents and Carers and Age.
We offer flexible work arrangements to all our employees.
Those who come to work with us are assured of a rewarding career in an increasingly global company. In return, we offer a great place to work with a wide range of benefits, including:
- Twenty-five days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, a BMA Day the opportunity to gain more holiday entitlement through long service employment
- Additional days’ leave for moving house, volunteering or getting married
- Onsite gym, fitness classes and subsidised canteen and cafeteria
- Double matching employer pension contribution, up to 12%
- Multiple discounts [from major stores] through MyReward employee benefits platform.
- Season ticket loan, gym membership and cycle to work scheme
- Seven x salary life assurance cover
- Regular social events, diversity and inclusion groups, and charity fundraising initiatives to get involved in
How to Apply
Please send your CV along with a Covering Letter by clicking on the Apply button below.