Position: Content Lead - Awards & Forums
Reports to: Senior Events Manager
Direct reports: Junior Content Producer (tbc) / Freelancers
Salary: Dependent on experience
Department/Brand: Awards & Forums, Live Events
Office Location: Twickenham - Bridge House
Please note that the role will initially be working from home, with the expectation that we will return to the office in Twickenham, TW1 3SP once government restrictions have been lifted.
We have an exciting opportunity for an established conference producer looking to expand their horizons. If you would like the opportunity to work on large scale events and partake in high glamour events then this is the role for you!
Haymarket Events is renowned for producing quality forums and awards featuring high-level speakers and great content. Working closely with both our editorial and commercial teams we have the opportunity to produce some of the most innovative events in our sectors and we are looking for a content producer to join the team.
As the Content Lead - Awards & Forums, you will be responsible for shaping and managing the content for our forum events portfolio. The content at these events is key to attracting the right calibre of delegates whom we require to match with the suppliers in the sector who pay to attend for the prearranged 1-2-1 meetings.
In order to deliver successful events we require someone who has an established production methodology but is looking to expand their skill set to different event formats. This is a unique role where great content is a key part of an event which is structured differently to a traditional conference format. You will have the opportunity to help shape the current events whilst also being integral in extending the portfolio of this type of product. The content has to be relevant to the target audience, pertinent and engaging. We are also keen to integrate non traditional content delivery options.
You will work with the event managers and the marketing team to deliver the events, whilst working closely with the editorial and commercial teams on our relevant Brands and with our partners, CIPD and CIPS, to ensure the content can also help with the commercial opportunities at the event. The event manager on the project has P&L responsibility and is the lead person on the event team for the project.
Our products stand out in a competitive market and we are looking for candidates who will do the same. We are looking for someone who will be able to help shape the future of the events we run as a department in these challenging but interesting sectors.
As the department continues to grow there will be potential for line management responsibilities of a Junior Content Producer who would report into the Content Lead - Awards & Forums.
- The successful candidate will be experienced in producing sector specific, commercially led, interesting and relevant content
- The ability to develop strong relationships with key industry players
- Have the ability to work with sponsors and suppliers where commercially driven content is part of the event
The sourcing, management and delivery of speakers at the event is a crucial aspect of the role
- A track record in maximising profitability of events
- Excellent analytical research skills and the ability to quickly assimilate and prioritise commercial information
- Experience of producing programmes for multi-streamed events
- Experience of researching new topic ideas with no previous knowledge of the subject
- Some knowledge of the specific sectors would be a plus
- Experience in a media company, ideally working on similar events is a bonus but not essential
- Experience of multi-tasking and working on more than one event concurrently
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Ability to make strong commercial decisions based on research
- Strong telephone manner and ability to meet and speak face-to-face with senior executives in the market
- Ability to multi-task on many different projects, whilst remaining highly-organised
- Ability to build up a team of freelance content producers and manage external producers if required
- Excellent oral and a high standard of sales / marketing written skills to effectively communicate the core content of each event
- Excellent organisational skills and time management
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and working under pressure
- Creative and innovative
- Excellent at building relationships and working with a range of stakeholders
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, with a professional and “can-do” attitude
- Fast learner
- Self-motivated; able to work on own initiative
- A team player with the ability to communicate effectively with your cross functional colleagues
- Trustworthy and discreet with sensitive commercial information