Excellent permanent opportunity for an experienced Event Manager ready for a move – work on varied international events for this world-renowned professional body - with great benefits!
Leading Professional Society, with global offices, with an extensive international membership of scientists, academics and professionals (over 90k worldwide). This not for profit organisation provides members with opportunities to enhance their technical and professional competencies, support, information and peer networking through a high level portfolio of publications, programmes and varied events and exhibitions. Their events team produce conferences, seminars, events and exhibitions throughout the world, for their member and public benefit. Their event programme has successfully moved to virtual, and longer term will be a mix of virtual, hybrid and face to face. Based in central London alongside a great role this opportunity brings a great benefits package including private healthcare and the opportunity to work a compressed working week.
As Event Manager covering EMEA regions you will plan and coordinate a portfolio of events (conferences, exhibitions, workshops, seminars and social events), liaising with contractors, hotels and exhibition centres, Committees, authors, speakers and exhibitors. In this role you’ll be working in a team comprising of a Senior Event Manager, this role (Event Manager), an Event Coordinator and various assistants/ administrators. Your role will be well rounded, and focussed on superlative event delivery, and being the key conduit for Committee communication and co-ordination.. Your role will include:
- End to end event management (international events – from conferences to seminars and technical workshops) – virtual and face to face
- Extensive liaison with committees & other stakeholder groups
- Exhibition coordination & exhibitor liaison
- Coordination of marketing, publicity & print production
- Sponsorship support & sponsor liaison
- Site visits & production schedules, on-site logistics including AV, F&B etc..
- Speaker logistics & speaker coordination
- Organising social events
- Budgeting and financial management
- International travel for meetings and events (post COVID-19)
You’ll need to have proven and extensive UK & European (and ideally EMEA) b2b events experience, across varied event formats (conference, seminars, exhibitions), ideally gained from working for an association or professional body. (A commercial conferencing or corporate background will also be considered providing you have worked on EMEA events & exhibitions before, and have worked with committees). Excellent organisation, event logistics, communication and analysis skills are a must – alongside strong speaker management experience and experience working extensively with steering groups or committees. From a personality and work ethic point of view, you’ll be a real “people-person” who is a confident, enthusiastic, meticulously detailed and very project-oriented events professional. You’ll be someone who will relish working on a busy portfolio of international events and exhibitions, and are able to be self motivated with excellent levels of service delivery and communication skills. (Oil/Gas sector experience/knowledge is useful but not crucial). Specific skills experience include:
- Extensive experience of end-to-end planning of conferences/exhibitions and workshops/seminars etc, internationally
- Ability or track record of managing committees or large senior or technical groups
- Ideally experience workiing in a professional body/association/society
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet constant deadlines
- Understanding/experience of event sponsorship, event publicity and marketing
- Agile across both big picture planning and attention to the small details
- Ability to travel overseas for meetings, recces and on-site manage of meetings (post-COVID-19)
- Experience of working on virtual event platforms and applications (desirable: Zoom, Swapcard, Mural, StreamYard, Vimeo)
- Excellent communication skills, team player, able to work independently
If you’re an experienced international Event Manager, waiting for the right time to move, then this is the perfect time and role for you to take your career to the next stage in 2021!
If your experience matches the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click “Apply” now.
Regan & Dean is a specialist recruiter within the events sector - if this role isn't quite right for you do check out the other opportunities currently listed on our website, and sign up for Job Alerts so you'll be the first to see all our new roles as we get them.