A well-respected membership organisation within the health industry is looking for an exhibition professional to work in their international team as an International Manager. You will be overseeing and managing a structured programme of international activity, through exhibitions and events. The organisation takes large groups of members to exhibit at international exhibitions and creates complex UK pavilions to help their members gain commercial success globally.
Working from home, you will be managing every aspect of international activity, delivering 5-6 exhibition pavilions a year, mostly face to face but with some virtual activity. This will involve recruiting exhibitors through soft sales, marketing and relationship building, as well as the full exhibition logistics process involved in building a pavilion with up to 180 exhibitors. You will also manage on-site activity and ensure all members have their exhibition package fulfilled on-site.
Other responsibilities include:
- Managing the financial responsibility for international activity. Including: planning, projections, supplier negotiations, reporting and budgeting processes as well as day to day budget management. Ensuring budgets are always up to date and any additional spend is documented and signed off.
- Anticipating potential difficulties in the delivery of international activity and ensure that appropriate contingencies are in place.
- Delivering the annual international business planning process for trade promotional activity, ensuring it is recorded, completed in a timely manner including proposals and financials for each piece of existing and new activity.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE OF MANAGING AND ORGANISING EXHIBITIONS OF 50+ EXHIBITORS
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Highly developed organisational, project and event management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and operate to deadlines
- Must show strong leadership and ownership of activities and have the ability to oversee the work of another team member
- Effective communication skills essential with a strong ability to develop internal and external relationships
- Strong record of building and managing stakeholder networks and relationships
- Must show strong commercial awareness
- Must have experience of managing budgets
- Self-motivated with a flexible attitude towards working hours and international trips and staying away from home for durations of 1 week or more