A fast moving and expanding business providing a service to the film and events industry seek a Site Manager/Operations Manager with strong experience in event/exhibition/venue operations or from an exhibition contractor, to oversee the operations and smooth running of their service offering at 8 sites around the London area.
The company are looking for one permanent member of staff to oversee all of the sites and a freelancer who can work on a contract until September, working on one site, who can meet the standards and ensure secure operational excellence at all times.
Purpose of the job:
To be responsible for the provision of an efficient service to clients, considering the Health and Safety of the site and the team members at all times. To line manage a team of casual staff.
Key duties and responsibilities:
To ensure that the team follow the Covid Secure restrictions, and to ensure that the site is always up to the high standards of the company.
- Manage a team of casual staff, to ensure they are following the Covid Rules and providing the service efficiently.
- Managing staff break times and their lunch breaks.
- Ensure that all team members have been trained
- Ensure that all equipment is used properly and safely and the relevant documentation is completed.
- Be the liaison with the clients and the staff should instructions be changed.
- Keep a stock check of what equipment is on site and reorder when necessary
- Keep timesheets for team members and send to HR in time for payroll.
- Manage overtime when requested and ensure the relevant number of team members are available to work.
- Manage logistics of the team should they be split over locations or having to move locations during the working week.
- Manage teams getting Covid tested each week.
- Manage teams' holiday/sick leave.
You must have 5+ years experience of managing events/venues and large teams of casual staff.
You will need to be a driver with your own car
You will need to be a good staff manager and motivator