A leading event organiser, with an exciting growth plan seeks a highly entrepreneurial, smart, customer-oriented business development leader with unquestioned integrity who is numbers driven and builds trusted relationships. The company is growing rapidly and requires a sales leader to maximize on the strong track record the company has established as well as the high growth market itself.
- Achieve revenue targets in line with strategic goals
- Develop and implement sales processes to increase productivity, revenues, and client outcomes
- Build strong relationships in the community to aid new business and key account development targets
- Actively seek referrals from existing sponsors and speakers for new sponsorship
- Prepare and lead client presentations and high-level sales pitches on a regular basis
- Build and develop sponsorship packages tailored to meet the client's needs for both current and future events and exhibitions.
- Attend competitive events and conferences to build relationships with new clients and develop your network.
- Open conversations with new potential sponsors to gain insight on their business, their motivations, and their challenges
- Create in-depth account and market analysis to track themes, trends, and how to best serve clients and the audience
- Develop strategic new business accounts and increase AOV from existing clients
- Create a re-book policy and renewals for existing sponsorships going into 2022 which will involve developing and driving a strategy
- Develop new revenue streams attached to opportunities to sell through the creation of new events, digital products and opportunities throughout the year
- Ability to work closely with and understand the content development of the program to be able to discuss in sponsorship pitches with potential sponsors
- Work closely with the team, including Content and Operations
- Collaborate with the marketing team to build the community and extend the database, ensuring the community is engaged with the brand & products
Key Attributes: The Business Development Director is highly personable, and someone who enjoys customer and prospect interactions, and using investigative conversations to build strong relationships. A natural curiosity and an appetite for knowledge are important motivators for this role. Highly organized, and process driven, the Director will be required to close sales and view the growing value of the community itself as the driver for succeeding in the role.
Essential for the role:
- A track record of building B2B sponsorship/event sales with integrity creating win-win partnerships
- Understands the process of developing content for an event and be able to discuss content as part of the business development process
- Ideally based in East Coast US
- Thrives in a small business with little supervision
- Must know SalesForce and GSuite
- Develops new sales opportunities through ideating well about new ways to serve customers
- Experience in building communities/groups
- Personable and charismatic
- Highly motivated and target driven
- General business knowledge and experience
- Patience and the ability to listen actively
- Team player and experience in team training and mentorship