Working on a brand new event project based in the NE England, the Exhibition Director will lead a team to develop a new consumer event, with trade elements, taking responsibility for the overall direction and delivery of the event.
This role will act as the media spokesperson and will be personally associated with the promotion of the event, supporting the commercial and strategic development, building key relationships across all relevant sectors. You will report to the Board and provide senior decision making and be the point of contact for the Stakeholders of this project.
- Management of costs and sales targets and ensuring budget control
- Event business and delivery planning
- Setting effective sales targets and incentive plans for the sales team members with the Sales Director
- Responsible for anticipating issues and facilitate solutions with the Board
- Responsible for the positioning of the event in relevant markets
- Retaining an editorial overview of the Expo and establishing the events tone
- Working with marketing to design/create copy for marketing materials, websites and digital media
- Produce a coherent brand strategy to maintain relevance to all markets and meet visitor and exhibitor expectations
- Establish commercial agreements for all exhibitors, sponsors and partners, alongside F&B and pop up catering.
- Ensuring insurance liability, health and safety considerations are managed with relevant specialists
- Develop an event plan that optimises visitor experience and traffic for exhibitors
- 5 years experience in a large scale event/exhibition leadership role, ideally with a mix of trade and consumer experience - ESSENTIAL
- Educated to degree level
- Great people management skills
- Strong decision making ability
Ideally will have some affiliation with the NE England