Excellent events opportunity to work at the heart of this international body, whose focus is improving the health and rights of women and girls globally, and to reducing global disparities in women’s health care. (Looking to interview asap).
This international association brings together the leading global bodies in it’s specialist sector within women’s healthcare, advancing the science and practice of it’s communities specialisms – pursuing it’s mission through education, research, advocacy and capacity building. Events are a key aspect of their work – with bi-annual Global and Regional congresses, and webinar programme, in support of it’s aims. The organisation collaborates closely with the worlds top health, rights and donor bodies, as well as the World Health Organisation and the United Nations.
As Conference and Events Manager you’ll lead the Conference and Events team to ensure the organisation, supervision and delivery of their bi-annual World Congress (5,000+ attendees), Regional Conferences (c. 500 attendees) and webinars provide an excellent experience to their network of stakeholders. You’ll manage a team of three, and also work closing with Scientific committees, local organising committees and Professional Congress Organisers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver excellent management of conference/congress programme (onsite or virtual)
- Manage event milestones, liaise/co-ordinate Programme and Organising Committees
- Facilitate collaborative relationships with varied stakeholder organisations
- Co-ordinate scientific programmes, oversee abstracts, speaker logistics etc
- Work with PCO to support delivery of events, and to design and market sponsorship and exhibition opportunities
- Supplier and venue negotiations, budget management etc
- Support and line manage the Conference & Events team members
- Enable successful delivery of in-person, virtual and hybrid events
- Administer and co-ordinate the congress destination selection process
You’ll be a proven international event specialist within conferences and events, with experience working on large, logistically complex events, ideally from within an internationally focussed, not for profit member-led organisation, and working with Scientific committees and varied scientific/governmental stakeholder bodies. Line management experience is required.
Specifically you’ll bring:
- Experience of leading on the delivery of complex, large scale international conferences (including full logistics and budget management)
- Experience delivering high-level virtual events, harnessing the latest technology and trends to engage global audiences
- Proven track record of long-lead programme management, complex speaker logistics, committee liaison and on-site/virtual delivery
- Proven experience working with conference sponsors, senior academic committees/groups/senior volunteers
- Experience of working within an internationally focused, membership-led organisation
- Line management experience
- Management experience within the ‘not-for-profit’ sector, delivery of events 5,000 or more delegates, medical sector, working across global destinations, all beneficial.
- Strong negotiating and diplomacy skills, excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills essential
- (Ability to communicate in French or Spanish could be an advantage)
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
This is a great role in a hugely impactful organisation – and offers the opportunity to bring your proven event skills and experience to an exceptionally important cause, delivering very real results globally for women’s healthcare.
Looking to interview asap, if this role looks like the sort of opportunity and organisation you are looking for as your next step … then do submit your CV ASAP!