Haymarket is looking for a Head of Content to lead the conference production team on our highly successful portfolio of events which we organise in partnership with professional associations.
As the Head of Content, you will be responsible for setting the content strategy across our events, which range from focused breakfast briefings to large scale exhibitions. You will be managing three conference producers, setting ambitious goals for the team and coaching them to ensure these are achieved. As a key liaison point with our association partners, you will work collaboratively with them to both leverage and enhance the significant power of their brands.
We are looking for someone with experience of managing conference producers who has a track record of creating top quality event content and attracting big-hitting speakers. You will be ready to lead by example and will be directly involved with some aspects of agenda development, particularly on our flagship events. You will need to be an open and diplomatic communicator and a genuine team player.
You will be working on event portfolios with strong reputations and which have good opportunities for expansion. All our events have run successfully in virtual formats over the past 12 months but as the majority of our existing audience is UK-based we plan to return to face-to-face events soon.
This is a great role for someone who wants to take an already successful series of events to the next level.
Haymarket is a privately owned, global media company which owns market-leading brands in a wide range of verticals. We pride ourselves on creativity, dynamism and integrity, and on being a good place to work.
- Manage the conference production team, ensuring product quality and maintaining a culture of excellence
- Drive innovation in our event formats, whether that is face-to-face, virtual or hybrid
- Attract high-level speakers and think outside the box to develop agendas which inspire our audiences
- Develop a deep understanding of markets in which we operate, becoming a subject matter expert able to identify new trends
- Work closely with our association partners to understand their objectives and ensure our events feed into their strategic growth
- Liaise with the marketing and commercial functions to develop our overall value proposition and ensure this is communicated effectively to our audience
- Play an important role in the project teams which oversee all aspects of the delivery of our events
Experience, skills and professional attributes:
- Strong background in conference production with some experience of managing conference producers
- Creative thinker with a natural drive to look for new and better ways to do things
- Open and diplomatic communicator, able to manage relationships with senior stakeholders both internally and externally
- High levels of personal integrity and empathy
- Organised and efficient
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
The Haymarket way
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the dynamism, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with independence and integrity: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!