Haymarket Media Group is a global media, data information and analytics company. Our purpose is to create trusted, premium specialist media brands that build powerful communities and drive valuable conversations.
This role is a key support role, working across the whole events team. The team is a busy events division running up to 55 events a year, both in person and virtual. You will also work closely with the other Events Coordinator, who will be able to help with the on the job training that will be required. The event managers will go through each process and training will be provided both in a formal environment and as part of the role. Whilst coordinators have tasks they manage, the relevant Events Manager would always sign off all work.
As an Apprentice this is an entry level position and will give you the opportunity to have a real understanding of events within a leading UK media business. The role will initially be working from home, with the expectation that we will return to the office in Twickenham, TW1 3SP once government restrictions have been lifted.
The following list of examples is not exhaustive, nor definitive, but serves to help you understand the nature of the role, training will be given so that you understand all the core elements of the role, with the expectation that by the end of the Apprenticeship you will be able to complete all of the following tasks.
The role is primarily an office-based role to ensure that the team is able to manage their events across the year.
Examples of the type of work that you will do in the role:
- Send out weekly invoices, resolve and chase invoice queries, manage the unpaid/paid Worldpay ledger and to chase where necessary bad debt working in conjunction with Management Accounts
- Manage the event backpack to ensure any on site stationary has been ordered.
- Working with the event managers to assemble judges folders containing edited sets of entries and information
- Send out shortlist emails and chase information from the finalists or delegates on each event, especially images and finalist detail sheets, acceptance speeches, and for Forums delegate and supplier meeting choices
- Set up events in Eventsforce for entries, judging logins and dinner sales and manage any troubleshooting
- Accountability for Surveygizmo - register your interest, judges nominations etc.
- Attending the event day, managing name changes and table planning.
- Send out tickets along with any necessary event information
- Send out trophies, certificates and event survey questionnaires, to be received the day after an event
- Common sense and a can-do attitude is more important than exam results.
- A good use of the English language both written and spoken are essential for the role
- Good time management, a sense of humour and the ability to work in a team
- Punctuality and being organised along with good attention to detail are critical
- Haymarket Events largely uses MAC computers, with Word, Excel and Eventsforce software, but candidates should have the ability to use a Mac or PC - training will be provided
- An interest in working in Events is essential with some events experience being ideal
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
The Haymarket way
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the innovation, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with integrity and respect: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!