Haymarket Media Group is a global media, data information and analytics company. Our purpose is to create trusted, premium specialist media brands that build powerful communities and drive valuable conversations.
Reporting into the Event Manager, the Senior Event Coordinator is responsible for the complete end-to-end project management of both in-person and online delivery of the events which Haymarket organise in partnership with CIPD. The role includes budget management, supplier management for the venue, AV provider, platform provider and event planning and logistics. You will act as the primary liaison with internal and client stakeholders.
Delivering a wide range of events for a client, the Senior Event Coordinator will be adept at matching event delivery to client objectives and commercial opportunities whilst managing their own events and will gain further experience from working within a larger operations team delivering a diverse portfolio including large scale exhibitions and conferences.
All our events have run successfully in online formats over the past 12 months but as the majority of our existing audience is UK-based we plan to return to in-person events soon.
Responsible for the overall operational delivery of events that exceed the expectations of our client. The role holder will pride themselves on running a professional series of events to an exceptionally high standard.
- Responsible for managing budgets/expenditures with prompt financial reconciliation
- Monitor and control operational costs in line with defined budget profit margin
- Negotiation with all key suppliers and venues on both contract terms and prices to achieve the most cost effective service
- Manage payment schedules to ensure that suppliers/venues are paid correctly and on time
- Raise purchase orders, process invoices and payments in line with payment terms
Event operations/Logistics management
- Overall responsibility of onsite management and delivery of the event
- Developing an understanding of the client’s objectives and ensure event delivery is aligned to these
- Regular client reporting and meetings as required
- Ensure best attendee experience from pre-event to on the day management from registration to post-event feedback
- Produce and maintain a timeline for each event ensuring that the onsite and online event runs to schedule and deadlines are met
- Carry out venue research and sourcing to comply with Haymarket procurement policies
- Source appropriate suppliers for each event to secure the best products and services available at a competitive price whilst complying with Haymarket’s procurement policies
- Liaise with the venues to ensure that all set up, catering and numbers are as required and in line with the budget spend
- Design and produce event collateral including the event guide, signage, floor plan, badge templates
- Produce a detailed onsite schedule for each event considering all staff, suppliers, sponsors and delegates
- Set up meetings as required with all key onsite suppliers to ensure that they are fully aware of the expectations
- Be the point of contact for event sponsors, exhibitors and speakers regarding their involvement in any event
- Working closely with the sales team to create and provide opportunities for exhibitors and sponsors whilst delivering client contract expectations for sponsored items
- Undertake health and safety risk assessments to ensure that all H&S documents, public liabilities and insurance are in place for each exhibitor or sponsor where relevant
- Post-event - overall responsibility for collating delegate feedback, final delegate communication and budget reconciliation
- Carry out additional tasks as requested to support the growth of events with CIPD
- Effective working relationships with internal teams, external suppliers and client stakeholders
- Ensure best practice is shared and efficiencies are communicated across the entire events team
Skills and experience
- Experience of delivering B2B events
- Knowledge and experience of online platforms and live streaming technologies
- Budgeting experience essential and overall P&L responsibility an advantage
- Strong experience on venue search and contract negotiation
- Proven stakeholder management experience
- Excellent collaborator and relationship builder, able to work in a matrix with a variety of teams
- Exceptional planning and time management - ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads
- Meticulous attention to detail, a creative eye and the ability to manage multiple events simultaneously
- Proactive, enthusiastic approach to meeting event objectives and can-do attitude to work
- Ability to use initiative in challenging circumstances and be solution-orientated
Ability to travel
The above job description is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities of the position and is not an exhaustive list of duties and tasks.
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
The Haymarket way
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the innovation, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with integrity and respect: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!