Haymarket Media Group is a global media, data information and analytics company. Our purpose is to create trusted, premium specialist media brands that build powerful communities and drive valuable conversations.
The Professional Association Team at Haymarket Media Group is renowned for working with high-profile professional associations to produce quality events, featuring the very best content and speakers that respond to the specific needs of professional audiences.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Conference Producer to join the team. You will play a key role in developing the content and driving the profitability of high-profile CIPD and CIPS national and international conferences.
The role will focus on client relationships, research, programme writing, speaker acquisition and management for conferences in the UK, Middle East and Australia as required at specific times. The role will also involve project-managing the production of large-scale events. This role will suit an experienced producer with a commercial background and an experience of effectively managing multiple clients and stakeholders.
- Carry out high-quality desk research, phone and face-to-face interviews
- Identify high-priority topics, leading organisations and potential speakers
- Develop leading-edge conference agendas that respond to the needs of our audience and sponsors
- Lead the event project team by supporting and advising operations, marketing, sponsorship sales and telesales
- Assist the marketing team to identify compelling messaging and ensure communications are accurate
- Assist the sponsorship team to ensure suitable sponsors are identified and targeted appropriately
- Work closely with the event operations team to ensure operational requirements of the events are met
- Build strong relationships with the brand editorial teams to align objectives and share knowledge
- Develop informal networks with practitioners to act as topic advisers and/or future speakers
Attitude, skills and experience
- Experience in a commercial Conference Producer role
- Experience in conducting in-depth research, phone and face-to-face interviews to scope out markets and topics
- Comfortable working on the phone
- Highly-developed communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships and informal networks
- Highly-developed writing, editing and proofreading skills in English
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders and work across teams to ensure the success of the event
- The ability to prioritise, work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proactive and enthusiastic, with a professional and can-do attitude
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
Why work with us?
Our people are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and our talented teams ensure we produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Thanks to them we have over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will impact world class brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
The Haymarket way
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket and influence our culture. Our team's success is fuelled by the innovation, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with integrity and respect: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!