A global player in the Live Events industry, who work on a wide range of large scale events seek an Account Manager to fulfil a dual role: Commercial and Operational. Ordinarily this role would be responsible for managing & growing revenue and margin targets and operationally managing day-to-day operational aspects of a project, to scope and effectively apply their methodology and enforce project standards.
The company has been successfully pitching and winning business over the last year, so the commercial side of this role will not be the focus for the next two years, although they would like a commercially focused individual. The main focus will be on working closely with their clients, taking briefs and liaising internally with departments to get pricing and staffing to ensure the project can be delivered successfully with the manpower available. The role will focus over the coming year on a large event that is taking place, acting as the main point of client contact, managing quality control, site management and ensuring what is promised is delivered.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage project budget.
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing, and monitoring receivables for project.
- Following up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Accurately forecasting revenue, profitability, margins, and utilisation.
- Assuring project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Identifying company development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Leading proposal efforts including completing project scoping.
- Facilitating team and client meetings effectively.
- Holding regular status meetings with project team.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and making constructive suggestions for change.
- Managing the process of innovative change effectively.
- Sets and manages client expectations.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, organisation and objectives.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures
You must have:
- 5+ years in large scale live events - sales and operations
- Possesses general understanding Project Management Software including but not limited to All Hire and Visual
- IT Literate. Power Point, Excel, Word
- Must hold clean, valid driving licence.