A unique multi-purpose venue based in the heart of the West End is looking for an experienced event professional for a 12-month maternity leave cover, as Sales Event Officer. As the first point of contact you will support the Event Sales & Marketing Manager by actively taking enquiries, providing quotes, and ensuring the maximisation of sales to hit monthly and annual targets to help support the venue in its charitable aims. You will also be responsible for providing professional and effective event planning, followed by oversight of on-the-day event delivery, for external and internal events.
Sales & Diary Management
- To maximise the conversion of sales by being an expert on your product, upselling add-on's and ensuring that monthly and revenue targets are hit without negatively affecting college
- Provide accurate diary management for events and activities including bookings, site visits and maintenance.
- Promote the venue to prospective clients by delivering site visits and upselling the venue and its associated event services e.g. catering (in-house) and AV as
- Liaise with venue finding/event booking agents
- Build relationships with new clients and account manage existing relationships in order to obtain repeat business and maximise sales opportunities.
Event Planning & Delivery
- Complete all event pre-planning within the department's prescribed timelines and ensure the event note is signed-off by the
- Oversee, when required, the operation team's on-the-day delivery of yourallocated events, ensuring they are run professionally and to a high standard.
- Support the Event Sales & Marketing team on high profile events as
- Working within a venue hire events team with experience of eventsales, eventplanningandeventdelivery
- Using an Event CRM system
- Demonstrable experience of achieving sales targets in an events
- Experience oftheevent bookingsystemRendezvous
- Experience of working across a wide variety of event environments (e.g.weddings,filming,hospitality)
- Experience of managing and negotiating high value bookings from initial
enquiry all the way through to a successful event delivery.