Brilliant opportunity to join this leading International Sporting Body, and work globally on high profile sporting events and tournaments - must be Spanish-speaker.
This prestigious international organisation is the world governing body for its sport. They are looking for a brilliantly organised, confident Event Operations Co-ordinator, with previous experience in sports events, to join their team, and take responsibility for the co-ordination, pre-planning and on-site delivery of high profile events, ensuring the high sporting and competition standards, and the contractual rights of international sponsors, are delivered efficiently and accurately everywhere in the world.
Working in a team of 4 Operations Co-ordinators, you each have your own set of tournaments/sporting events to pre-plan and deliver, and these will see you working closely with the host nation’s Association to ensure events are operationally fulfilled to the correct level and protocols, and the fulfilment of sponsor on-site rights and activations. This role will see you travelling globally as you work as the on-site contact for the Association at nationally hosted events, as such you’ll need to have the confidence, diplomacy, tact and ‘calm in a crisis’ attitude to resolve ad hoc issues across ops and sponsorship as they arise. Responsibilities include:
- Assist in the general pre-event preparation and organisation of events to ensure all sporting, logistical, operational, security and commercial planning is put in place by the local organisers
- Liaise with Team Managers to ensure all player/team requirements and associated travel and local logistics are in place
- Assist and guide National Associations in the organisation and delivery of their events and ensure compliance with all sporting regulations, protocols and operational guidelines
- Work at the centre of multiple stakeholders to ensure every element of an event runs smoothly – including players, player representatives, national associations, venues, TV & media, sponsors and all internal departments including Protocol/Marketing/Commercial and TV.
- Work with international sponsors to ensure optimal delivery of all contractual rights including on-site activations, tickets, hospitality, commercial displays, accreditation, accommodation and flights
- Attend events on-site to ensure their smooth delivery
- Admin and Communications – varied activities including attend organising committee meetings, liaison, reports and co-ordination
Due to the global nature of this role, Spanish language is essential, and French in addition would be ideal. This role does require that you already have some experience within sporting events internationally, logistics and operations, ideally including fulfilment of on-site sponsor activations. Ideally you’ll also have experience dealing with Sporting governing bodies, sports people and their teams. Essential skills and experience include:
- Bi-lingual Spanish speaking essential, with French an advantage
- Experience of event operations/co-ordination within international events/tournaments in sport – both pre and on-site.
- Sports sponsorship on-site rights activation experience (ticketing, hospitality, branding etc)
- Confident and with the ability to comfortably deal with on-site ad hoc practical and protocol issues and resolve diplomatically, able to deal with Sponsors/VIPs etc.
- Happy to travel globally for events
- Excellent communication, admin and co-ordination skills
- Calm in a crisis, bags of tact and diplomacy, able to deal with people at all levels
- Good knowledge of and interest in sport
This is a truly brilliant opportunity to work at the heart of this major sport globally – if you are a Spanish speaker, and love working in sporting events – then get in touch now to bring your skills and experience to this world governing sporting body! Click ‘APPLY’ now as looking to recruit asap!