Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have over 60 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
As a global business operating in diverse markets, we are inherently multicultural and we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole and use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
The Event team is seeking an Event Manager till May 2022, to cover maternity leave.
To manage a portfolio of events primarily comprising Awards and/or Forums for Haymarket Business Media brands in their specific market sectors. An events manager is expected to run a portfolio of events across a calendar year from 4 - 7 events depending on the size, complexity, calendar positioning and budget level. The ability to multi-task and run events concurrently is therefore essential for this role.
Please note that our events portfolio consists of both virtual and in person events.
The role will initially be working from home, but with the expectation that we will return to the office in Twickenham, TW1 3SP mid September 2021 for a flexible working arrangement of 3 days in the office with 2 working from home, all dependent on government advice.
The event manager is responsible for the complete end-to-end project management of each of the events in their portfolio (including budget/financial management, event timelines, event microsites (design and content), marketing (design, content and delivery), event planning and logistics, all administration and digital filing and to act as the primary liaison with brand editorial team, brand commercial team, venues, suppliers, entrants, attendees, delegates, sponsors and any other key stakeholders (including marketing and telesales).
A more detailed breakdown of tasks as follows:
- Responsible for managing P&L and budgets/expenditures and maintaining forecasts along with the prompt financial decommissioning of projects.
- Accountable for the accurate processing of revenues from entries, table bookings and delegates (if applicable) and reconcile all revenues with the event management system and management accounts.
- Resolve any queries arising from bookings both with the relevant client and the relevant accounts team internally.
- Support the commercial team with the accurate budgeting of all commercial partners and acting as primary/secondary liaison where appropriate.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with internal events, editorial and commercial teams and external contracted key suppliers.
- Schedule and run regular meetings for each project with all relevant stakeholders in the project (including editorial, commercial, marketing, content and senior brand representatives).
- Maintain a working project file for each event on the Haymarket Events server / google drive.
- Responsible for programming of the relevant online booking process for each event on our entry management system (Eventsforce or similar)
- Produce and maintain a timeline / event project plan for each event ensuring that the event runs to schedule and deadlines are met. Working to the agreed internal plan template.
- If required, help secure judges or speakers for an event.
- Be the point of contact for event sponsors, judges or speakers regarding their involvement in any project.
- Process all entries, with the support of temporary staff or the events coordinator when necessary, building a database of entrants using Eventsforce software, compiling a master set of all entries and judges folders containing edited sets of entries.
- Coordinate, plan and oversee the judging of awards events from facilities and catering, to the judging.
- Responsible for updating information and content on the event microsites.
- Coordinate activity prior to the launch of the marketing campaign for each project and to ensure that the activity is executed timely and correctly in-conjunction with the timeline of the event, working where appropriately with the brand and our Marketing and Telemarketing team members.
- Prepare and publish/produce entry packs, delegate application forms, media packs, commercial sales documents and online questionnaires for events, either online or if required, as a printed document.
- Supervise the design and execution of advertisements and all other marketing activity promoting entry or attendance for each event.
- Supervise the design and production of all other printed material relating to each project, working with Haymarket’s assigned design team.
- Utilise all marketing opportunities available to promote each event including: social media, online inventory via our brand sites, editorial support, email marketing, telemarketing, print, direct marketing, other Haymarket events, recruitment sites and working where appropriate with Marketing and Telemarketing team members.
- Take responsibility for specific telemarketing aspects of awards events to ensure that all known interested parties are reminded to enter or attend.
- Supervise the operational activities of staff assisting you on any project (these may be colleagues or temporary or freelance staff).
- Compile VIP guest lists for each project based on past history and current information provided by editorial and commercial teams.
- Responsible for table planning, delegate seating including internal brand guests and publish a short list of finalists and promote sales of table places for awards events.
- Supervise all aspects of the production and staging of each event for which you are responsible, in conjunction with the Director of Events, Portfolio Director and appointed suppliers.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety, Risk Assessment and all other relevant information for the event is delivered in a timely and correct process (e.g. dietary requirements for the event to the venue).
- Attend each event in your portfolio as the responsible events manager.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties.
The above job description is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities of the position and is not an exhaustive list of duties and tasks.
- Proven experience running B2B events, both virtually and live. Ideally these would include commercial award events and/or commercial forums, either within Haymarket or another B2B media company.
- Proven understanding and managing a budget and P&L for events, with a clear understanding of the financial impact of the events.
- Proven ability to drive revenues.
- An ability to manage your own projects and project plans on a day-to-day basis.Knowledge and understanding of
- events marketing.
- Must be able to work in a highly pressurised environment and to tight deadlines.
- Good understanding of event production, suppliers and processes.
- Excellent written and spoken English as well as the ability to proofread written documents to a high standard.
- Sound understanding of event health and safety regulations and requirements (including risk assessments).
- The ability to maintain positive working relationships with all relevant stakeholders at all levels (including brand editorial and commercial teams, colleagues in the events department, data teams and external suppliers).
- Flexibility and willingness to attend events outside normal office hours.
- A degree in Hospitality/Event Management or other relevant discipline.
- A good understanding of the Eventsforce event management platform.
- Sales experience.
- A level of marketing experience.
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. Haymarket is a media, information and data business, we use our expertise in media and information to inspire, inform and empower our clients, audiences and communities. We are a socially and environmentally responsible business. As we serve our audiences, clients and communities, we are committed to driving the meaningful change necessary to build a better world. The principles of diversity, inclusion, respect, responsibility and sustainability are at the heart of our business.
We’re hard-wired to produce remarkable content for our audiences, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our conveniently located Twickenham HQ is home to around 600 employees with a vast array of careers from journalism, video, marketing, sales and events to technology, digital development and product management.
As well as being the home of english rugby, Twickenham has the benefit of being less than 30 minutes from central London but also enjoying its riverside location, proximity to Richmond Park and a buzzing social scene.
With flexible hours, great brands, and a modern open plan environment, we attract great people. There’s time for you to get involved in our extra-curricular activities too; from volunteering with our charity partners, going for a lunch-time riverside run, cycling around Richmond Park or after work fun!
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We nurture, support and reward our talent. We offer a market-leading benefits programme, tailored to individual needs and preferences. The range of benefits are vast and include a generous pension plan, life assurance, up to 30 days holiday and a fabulous income protection policy. Oh, and our annual employee party is pretty special too!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year excluding bank holidays (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 11-3)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our people to balance their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We feel that nothing beats face-time with our colleagues and we’ve therefore adopted a blended working model where full time employees can expect to spend 3 days of their week in the office and the other 2 working at a location of their choice.
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.