Fab role for an experienced venue/festival/market Operations Manager to take key role managing the site and team at this iconic, hip & historic, busy and buzzy London attraction.
Reporting into the Operations Director, as Operations Manager you’ll be playing an essential role in the successful operational running of the space, all the activities that happen within it, and the team that supports it. Your three-fold focus is Operations, People and Process! Your topline remit will be to make sure the site/festival/market runs smoothly, opens and closes at the correct times, and always provides a safe and welcoming environment for customers, liasing with traders as needed, resolving issues on the ground, and supporting the development and continuous improvement of all aspects of the operation. There will also be one off event and filming requirements to support. You’ll help the manage the various internal teams/services – (including the cleaning and security teams) and external contractors, both on-going and for new tenders, across waste, security and equipment supplies. You’ll play a key role in cultivating an employee culture that is progressive and supportive, and constantly be looking to drive and improve the organisations sustainable practices. You’ll ensure the brand is well represented at all times, and exceptional customer service is delivered at all levels. Specific responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to ensure the smooth running of all operational aspects of the site and it’s users (traders, visitors, employees)
- Ensure all members of the ops team are motivated, appropriately trained for their roles and together make a unified, high performing team
- Day to day problem solver for any issues not resolved by team leaders
- Manage external supplier contracts, new tenders and procurement
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health and safety guidelines, cleanliness and environmental standards across the site
- Work with the team to develop and produce an Operations Manual, for benefit of current and future teams
- Continually assess site logistics and ops for current and future best working
You’ll have significant experience in site/event operations management, from within a similar site, festival, market environment. This is a busy role, in an iconic space with high footfall – so you’ll need energy and stamina, and a love of the busy, buzzy and colourful environment that it brings. You’re great with Operations, People and Process – a solid all rounder with excellent relationship skills who enjoys being at the heart of a busy operation will see you loving this role! Key experience/skills needed are:
- Site management operational experience – gained in a festival, market or venue environment
- Proven experience of working with varied teams, suppliers, traders and stakeholders in a similar environment, ideally with a link to the food sector
- Relevant operational management experience across site logistics incorporating internal security, cleaning teams etc and varied external contractors and suppliers
- Proven experience in directing and managing teams, with the skills and personality that builds morale and motivates others and creates a strong team focus and individual pride in being part of a great operation
This is a fabulous ‘one off’ role … at a brilliantly diverse and buzzy internationally-renowned attraction - so if your experience and aptitudes tick the boxes above and you would enjoy working in a really iconic environment click APPLY now.. interviewing asap!