A venue situated in Central London with charitable status, seeks an experienced venue sales professional to oversee the sales office of this multi purpose and divers venue, which hosts meetings and events throughout the year on an 8 month maternity cover.
The venue has eight flexible meeting and event spaces that can support an array of clients from charities and local authorities through to corporate, international clients, and live music events.
The Meetings and Events Sales Office Supervisor, (maternity cover) is responsible for the meetings and events team with the main objective to generate income from events and conference in order to support the charitable activities. This role will play a crucial role in supporting the sales targets of the commercial aspects of the business and will have a strong track record in sales and event delivery and logistics. The role is multifaceted involving all aspects of venue business: sales strategy, diary management, forecasting, communications and operational delivery. Some elements of the role will be pro-active sales activity.
- To oversee the sales department, to ensure it achieves the targets agreed in the Business Plan and Budget.
- Liaison with the catering contract for successful service delivery.
- Liaison with the marketing team in the development of promotional material, social media content and the review of all online portals.
- Support the production and implementation of the yearly Business Plan for the department.
- Execution of the sales and marketing plan for the department.
- Proactively sell the venue to new clients.
- Proactive management of existing clients.
- Revenue Forecasting and Diary Management ensuring profitability growth of the department and ensure informed business decisions are taken.
- Support the development and line management of the conference and events team.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the events booking software (Rendezvous) and management of all system updates, reporting and templates.
- Support the sales and events co-ordinator(s) with enquiries, event details and planning.
- Working with operations in the delivery of outstanding events, ensuring exceptional customer service and attention to detail.
- Monitor and regularly review competitors to ensure that the venue remains competitive commercially and to meet customer satisfaction.
- Attendance at networking events, trade exhibitions and familiarisation trips where appropriate.
- Maintain proper financial controls and take any necessary corrective action to ensure budget targets are met or exceeded.
- Experience in managing the complete event management process, from enquiry stage through to event execution.
- Experience or knowledge in proactive sales and delivering new business
- Strong venue or hotel sales experience.