A well respected membership organisation within the financial sector is looking to recruit an Events Co-ordinator to join their rapidly growing team. This role will involve organisation of a portfolio of small events and also support the events team and assist on larger flagship events.
- Managing a portfolio of approx. 30 events (seminars, workshops, dinners and webinars) through the planning and delivery process.
- Working with internal & external stakeholders and clients to plan and execute their event programmes.
- Supporting the events team on a daily basis through general administrative duties, including but not restricted to, managing event stock levels (badges, folders), stationary requests, feedback reporting and ad hoc duties as requested. This is particularly important during peak periods.
- To lead on the delivery of their individual portfolio and support other members of the team on their events for members and guests in accordance with budget and event objectives. This includes use of the event booking software, venue sourcing, speaker liaison, on site delivery, pre-event planning/administration including event documentation/delegate packs and performing first class front of house duties.
- Co-ordinating the delegate booking process, including liaison with relevant internal departments and external suppliers and utilising event management software.
- Working with the various marketing teams on promotional material for each activity, with the ability to spot cross promotional opportunities for products and services.
- The ability to multi-task, excellent attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure are essential to this role.
- Organised, professional appearance, methodical
- Previous experience within an events environment
- Good IT skills, including Word and Excel, and in maintaining a complex database
- Excellent communication (written and oral), organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent telephone manner with significant customer service skills
- Proactive approach to working
- Excellent customer service/relationship skills
- First class interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team
This role will provide the opportunity to develop an event management skill set whilst supporting a very busy events team.