Position: Event Assistant - Apprenticeship
Contract: Fixed term contract
Salary: £18,532 per annum
Start date: ASAP
BMJ Events is seeking a proactive, efficient administrator to join our team as an Event Assistant.
You will also be responsible for providing administrative support across several events including International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare, and BMJ Live. Working with the Senior Event Coordinator you will be responsible for registration and delegate management across the events.
To be a successful candidate, you will be enthusiastic and well organised, with excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Event Database).
You will be required to work on-site at our face-to-face event(s).
In return you will be on a Business Administrator level 3 apprenticeship programme
- Lead on delegate management across the events – updating the events database, dealing with customer queries, preparing and sending delegate communications.
- Work closely with the content and logistics team providing support on day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Support during live event days for both virtual and in-person events.
- Answering queries, ensuring sessions run smoothly, technical moderation of virtual events.
- Liaising with poster presenters, speakers, delegates, and sponsors.
- An interest in events management Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive attitude.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the use of common IT packages e.g. G Suite, Microsoft Office.
Why should you apply?
BMJ is a global healthcare knowledge provider with a vision for a healthier world. We share knowledge and expertise to improve healthcare outcomes.
You may know us as the publisher of one of the world’s most cited general medical journals, The BMJ. We also publish over 70 specialty journals, many of which are the most influential titles in their field.
We also offer digital professional development courses and clinical decision support tools to help medical institutions and clinicians tackle today’s most critical healthcare challenges.
Evidence underpins everything we do – it’s what makes us one of the world’s most trusted knowledge providers. And the figures speak for themselves. More than 50 million users from over 150 countries access our websites every year.
BMJ is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Medical Association (BMA), with nearly 500 employees worldwide. Our head office is located within the Grade II listed BMA House in Euston, London, with more offices in China, India, North America, and Wales.
At BMJ we take equal opportunities very seriously, diversity and inclusion are more than just words, they are an organisational priority. We are building a culture where everyone feels able to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We encourage applications from under-represented groups and we are a Disability Confident Committed employer.
You will be able to join any of our employee-led networks focusing on: Gender, Cultural Diversity, Sexual Orientation, Mental Health and Well-being, Parents and Carers and Age.
We offer flexible work arrangements to all our employees.
Those who come to work with us are assured of a rewarding career in an increasingly global company. In return, we offer a great place to work with a wide range of benefits, including:
- Twenty-five days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, a BMA Day the opportunity to gain more holiday entitlement through long service employment
- Additional days’ leave for moving house, volunteering or getting married
- Onsite gym, fitness classes and subsidised canteen and cafeteria
- Double matching employer pension contribution, up to 12%
- Multiple discounts through MyReward employee benefits platform.
- Season ticket loan, gym membership and cycle to work scheme
- Seven x salary life assurance cover Regular social events, diversity and inclusion groups, and charity fundraising initiatives to get involved in