Position: Head of Sponsorship
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract
Salary: £47,569 per annum
Start date: ASAP
The Head of Sponsorship role is primarily a new business sales role generating headline sponsorship business for BMJ Products - with a particular focus on BMJ Events. This will include initiating, maintaining and expanding relationships with new and existing sponsors.
This is primarily an outbound commercial role and will involve frequent engagement with sponsors, engaging with key stakeholders and decision makers - particular business areas of focus will include management consultancies, medical device providers, healthcare system providers, the NHS, and healthcare quality improvement organisations.
The job holder must be a self starter, with a strong background in headline sponsorship sales, who will be responsible for maximising sales revenues and developing a strong new business sponsorship pipeline for BMJ Events. The predominant measure of success will be the annual achievement of the sponsorship target.
The job holder will need to prepare compelling sales presentations and sponsorship proposals in order to best differentiate BMJ Events and sell the value of them. In all cases, they will work to our company values and within our ethical guidelines.
- Achieve sponsorship targets - the role will be focused on achieving headline sponsors for BMJ Events
- Renew and upsell existing sponsors
- Ensure the sponsorship yields aligns with budget/target expectations, and product team expectations
- Identify key sponsors (new and existing), establish sponsors needs, and position BMJ Events in a way to differentiate them from competitor events
- Establish and maintain productive, sustainable, professional relationships with key sponsors (new and existing).
- The requirement is that these relationships will be built at a senior decision -making level
- Establish productive relationships with all necessary BMJ departments - BMJ Events, Marketing
- Prepare a headline sponsorship plan for BMJ Events including performance objectives, KPIs, financial targets, and critical milestones for each BMJ Event
- Prepare a sponsorship plan for BMJ Journals with a focus on the BVA titles.
- Manage sponsorship sales and customer information within Salesforce, ensuring all information is up to date and maintained appropriately for accurate reporting
- Track record of delivering headline sponsorship packages in the healthcare market
- Experience of discovering new sponsors and successfully selling headline sponsorship packages
- Experience of renewing and sustaining success with headline sponsors
- Experience of selling sponsorship packages linked to scholarly journals
- A minimum of 5+ years success sponsorship sales experience
- Experience of using SalesForce to effectively manage sponsors and opportunities Ideally, education to degree-level or equivalent.
Why should you apply?
BMJ is a global healthcare knowledge provider with a vision for a healthier world. We share knowledge and expertise to improve healthcare outcomes.
You may know us as the publisher of one of the world’s most cited general medical journals, The BMJ. We also publish over 70 specialty journals, many of which are the most influential titles in their field.
We also offer digital professional development courses and clinical decision support tools to help medical institutions and clinicians tackle today’s most critical healthcare challenges.
Evidence underpins everything we do – it’s what makes us one of the world’s most trusted knowledge providers. And the figures speak for themselves. More than 50 million users from over 150 countries access our websites every year.
BMJ is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Medical Association (BMA), with nearly 500 employees worldwide. Our head office is located within the Grade II listed BMA House in Euston, London, with more offices in China, India, North America, and Wales.
At BMJ we take equal opportunities very seriously, diversity and inclusion are more than just words, they are an organisational priority. We are building a culture where everyone feels able to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We encourage applications from under-represented groups and we are a Disability Confident Committed employer.
You will be able to join any of our employee-led networks focusing on: Gender, Cultural Diversity, Sexual Orientation, Mental Health and Well-being, Parents and Carers and Age.
We offer flexible work arrangements to all our employees.
Those who come to work with us are assured of a rewarding career in an increasingly global company. In return, we offer a great place to work with a wide range of benefits, including:
- Twenty-five days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, a BMA Day the opportunity to gain more holiday entitlement through long service employment
- Additional days’ leave for moving house, volunteering or getting married
- Onsite gym, fitness classes and subsidised canteen and cafeteria
- Double matching employer pension contribution, up to 12%
- Multiple discounts through MyReward employee benefits platform.
- Season ticket loan, gym membership and cycle to work scheme
- Seven x salary life assurance cover
- Regular social events, diversity and inclusion groups, and charity fundraising initiatives to get involved in