Excellent opportunity for an Event Manager to join this leading Canary Wharf based Professional Body and deliver a range of business events for top corporate audiences within the legal and financial sectors.
Very well respected Professional Association, based in the commercial hub of Canary Wharf, providing a varied calendar of business events, seminars and training events (20-800 pax) for leading Banks and Law Firms. The Association is a highly regarded body in it’s field, and it’s busy event programme is known for its quality and brilliant organisation!
Working in a team of three Event Managers you’ll be responsible for full end to end event management of a busy set of varied events, ranging from webinars & seminars, conferences to training events. You each have your own set of events, and work as a team on the larger annual conference events. Events are for an international audience, currently moved to a virtual platform, but gradually moving back to a face2face/Hybrid mix.Typical events range from a seminar 90 people (Prague), a week-long series of training events (UK), to an early evening London based seminar for 150. The team handle over 90 events and webinars each year, and the calendar is growing, so this role will suit someone who loves the pace of a busy corporate business environment. As Event Manager you’re responsible for all aspects of your events – all event logistics, speaker liaison, delegate management, and on-the-day delivery (virtual or on-site). It’s a busy role, involving working on more than one event at a time, so enjoying multi-tasking and staying calm under pressure are key requisites!
You’ll ideally have a corporate background, and are used to delivering smart business events for a senior level corporate delegate base. You have excellent event co-ordination and communication skills, and a proven track record of delivering your own events, ideally including seminars, webinars and conferences, both virtual and f2f. You’ll be used to working on a number of events at any one time, and enjoy the plate spinning that involves, managing busy delegate communications flow, and being ‘on the ball’. (A financial roadshow background would work well for this role). You’re confident dealing with senior level speakers and business delegates. Excellent communication skills are key (written and verbal), as are excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
(German would be beneficial, not essential).
- Day to day management of all logistical requirements of your events (webinars, seminars, conferences, training events)
- Speaker communication, manage presentations, manage delegate materials
- Manage registration process and answering delegate queries
- Supplier selection, liaison and management, including venues, AV and catering
- End to end delivery of virtual events and face2face (venue find and management/ manage event on-site)
- Post event reporting, including invoicing
- Budget management
Key requirements in the ideal candidate:
- Track record of delivering business/corporate events (seminars, webinars, conferences, training events)
- Experience working in a corporate environment would work well for this role (financial corporate or large legal firm particularly useful)
- Experience working on multiple events at one time in a pacey environment (eg working on financial roadshows) all highly desirable
- Experience of across all areas of event logistics, managing external suppliers and venues, and good negotiation skills
- Virtual event experience essential
- Delegate management experience, experience senior level Speakers and attendees
- Budget Management experience
- Excellent communicator, good interpersonal skills, relationship builder
- Good IT skills, experience of using delegate database
- Confident, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong multi-tasker, able to priortise
- Excellent attention to detail with an organised and methodical approach
- German is useful, not essential
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a small friendly team at a highly regarded Professional Body, and work on a busy programme of events, within a high level corporate environment.
If your experience matches the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click the “Apply” button now, as looking to interview asap!