Bring your excellent Team management and Venue-side Event Management experience to this iconic, large, multi-use world renowned venue hosting a brilliant range of events, from premieres, receptions, graduation ceremonies, conferences, brand activations and everything in between!
Well known and large-scale Arts & Performance venue, cultural hub, and visitor attraction in central London. To work here is a fantastic opportunity to experience working at one of London’s most famous and iconic venues, and look after leading a wide range corporate and media clients. As Commercial Events Operations Manager you’ll lead the venue’s commercial event management team, as they play host to a varied array of clients and events.
The close knit Commercial Events team work with both corporate and private clients on an exciting and very diverse range of events including big awards evenings, premieres, drinks receptions, corporate parties, conferences, large company meetings & AGMs, brand activations, street festivals, special events and for filming & photo shoots. The venue complex has several varied spaces that can accommodate 20-2,000+ people and can be hired on an exclusive or individual area/space basis, and will often be hosting multiple events at one time. As Commercial Events Operations Manager you’ll play a key role in the Organisation, and its financial and operational success.
Role responsibilities include:
· Represent the Commercial Events Team at cross-departmental operational meetings
· Work with the Head of Commercial Events to ensure all financial targets are met, and develop the commercial use of the Site and its buildings for commercial hires, including commercial filming and photography and brand activations
· Manage the workload of your team of 4 Commercial Event Managers, ensuring the appropriate allocation of events and special project work
· Manage the team including coaching, monitoring performance, conducting performance reviews, training & development
· Responsible for the co-ordination and implementation of Commercial events, including venue booking and set up, room dressing, catering, liaise with internal teams eg tech production, security etc
· Lead the team’s health & Safety strategy, ensuring the team is kept up to date, including regularly reviewing policies and team risk assessments
Essential experience and aptitudes include:
· Significant experience of managing incoming events in a venue, preferably, a unique, large or unusual venue
· Significant experience of managing a team of Event Managers and Event Officers
· Experience of managing budgets, tracking return on investment, and achievement of financial targets
· An understanding of the complexities of working in a multipurpose arts venue, while meeting the needs of commercial clients using its facilities
· Demonstrated effective interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to form excellent relationships with a diverse range of people internally and externally
· Ability to work under pressure, excellent communication skills
· Someone who loves leading a brilliant performing events team from the front
This is a really fantastic opportunity for a venue-experienced Event Operations Manager to bring their talent centre stage at one of the world’s most renowned venues…
If your experience matches the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click “Apply” now.