We are looking for an Interim Operations Manager, to work with our client who runs a unique outdoor space which is open to the public daily. The contract will initially run for 6 months, but could be extended and requires someone with a strong organisational background, who has organised exhibitions, outdoor events or public events.
They are looking for someone with excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and to manage and meet deadlines and work within budgetary constraints. You will have the ability to work under pressure, be resilient and have a can do attitude. Good team working skills and leadership experience would also be useful.
The purpose of this role is to help ensure the outdoor space runs smoothly, opens and closes at the correct times and always provides a safe and welcoming environment for customers. You will be resolving issues and reporting anything significant to the Interim Director of Operations and will help to manage contractors like the cleaning and security teams, ensuring all tasks on site are carried out efficiently and safely, providing clear and helpful instructions. You will ensure all relevant paperwork is always up to date and the most efficient and cost effective operational services are procured.
The space has a strong, high profile brand, so you will need to ensure the brand is well represented and exceptional customer service is delivered at all levels, striving to drive and improve the companies sustainable practices.
- Manage the external supplier contracts to ensure all equipment is fit for purpose and the most cost effective solution for the quality needed
- Work with the team to form the specification for tendering relevant contracts - i.e. waste, equipment supplies, agency security, ensuring efficient and cost effective procurement while upholding the companies values
- Ensure compliance with all relevant healthy and safety, cleanliness and environmental standards across the site and ensure any legal obligations around the operation are being met at all times and all relevant paperwork is in place
- Work with the team to develop an Operations Manual for the benefit of all current and future teams
- Continually assess the site logistics to ensure the most effective ways of working are being practiced - identify areas of improvement and implement positive change
- Assist the team with future site logistics planning, taking into account the broader plans and objectives of the organisation
- Assist in keeping all activity within budget, identifying savings where possible
- Ensure all members of the operations team are appropriately trained for their roles, ensuring regular refresher training in key areas, procuring external providers as needed
- Manage contractor risk assessments and insurance documents and issue work permits for all works taking place on site, for both works being carried out by the organisation and works commissioned by clients
- Ideally to degree level but other higher education or relevant qualifications will be considered
- Relevant Health & Safety qualifications (these can be attained once hired as needed)
- Proven experience of working with teams in a similar environment, ideally with a link to the events/food sector