A high-profile membership organisation in London seeks an Event Coordinator to join them on a permanent basis. This role sits in the Corporate Affairs Team and as the Event Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in the support of the events programme, reporting to the Senior Events Manager whilst contributing to the smooth running of the wider corporate affairs team and business. Delivering a varied programme of 120 in-person, hybrid and virtual events per year, ranging from small policy briefings and roundtables to large commercial conferences and awards, you will be a first-rate administrator, combining brilliant organisation and communication skills with sound attention to detail, bags of initiative and an interest in events.
- Manage all logistics for policy events from creating them on our events system, collating events forms, putting together invitation and web copy, managing invitation lists and responses, responding to queries in a timely manner, sending joining instructions, helping manage the events email inbox and working on-site to deliver a successful event experience.
- Working with members who are hosting events to ensure appropriate rooms and AV are booked, catering is planned, carrying out site visits where required.
- Where events are virtual, ensure they are set up on the appropriate platform, joining links are created for speakers and added to diaries, and connectivity tests are arranged prior to the event. Ensure all attendees are sent joining instructions with a registration link to the platform. Work with colleagues in the events team to run the virtual event on the day.
- Support the Senior Event Manager on the planning, delivery and onsite management of larger events, logging bookings, processing refunds, preparing materials and briefings.
- Accurately prepare core event materials using existing templates, including attendee lists, nameplates or badges, ensuring they are checked before being sent onsite.
- Ensure the team has all the equipment on-site and in the office that is required to deliver an event; including regular checks, reports and management of stock, as well as courier management.
- Ensure post-event follow up including sending out surveys and thank yous and confirming final attendee lists.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with real attention to detail and able to execute tasks to a high level
- First rate organisation skills, with proven ability to prioritise and deliver multiple parallel tasks in time
- Previous experience organising or supporting on events
- Efficient diary manager able to manage upwards, use judgement and discretion
- Proactive with an instinctive ability to anticipate event and team needs e.g. spotting risks and creating opportunities.
- IT literate: essential proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and use of a CRM database (ideally Microsoft Dynamics);